Lift advice

JEEP212121

Rough Country or Zone lift for my '15 JKU? Looking at maybe 4 inches and wondering what everyone thinks...... Go!!

chipper

I don't think either is a good choice. Bad reviews all around. Some questions that will be asked.
What size tires you gonna use?
What kind of wheeling do you wanna do?

JEEP212121

I don't think either is a good choice. Bad reviews all around. Some questions that will be asked.
What size tires you gonna use?
What kind of wheeling do you wanna do?

35 inch tires. Wheeling will be mostly highway. Some offroad but it's about 70-30 highway

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Come on man... some of us don't have a lot of money and I have a child now. So money isn't that abundant.... Just looking for options.

So if money is tight why waste it on shitty products?

Those lifts probably aren't even complete and cost over a grand. Last I checked the zone kit comes with shocks and 4" lift coils. You would need to spend another $1000 on top of that to get a complete lift.

Buy a budget boost spacer lift for $150 and some shock extenders for another $30 and you will have a much better lift and can run 35's.

chipper

35 inch tires. Wheeling will be mostly highway. Some offroad but it's about 70-30 highway

Try looking into a budget boost. You'll have the same ride just higher to fit those 35". And maybe some longer shocks instead of the extension brackets.
You can do all that on the cheap.

pop2tu

You can run 35s stock suspension and trimmed fenders. If you want a little more lift you can go with a BB of EVO makes a leveling kit for about $250. Wouldn't do rough country lift, neighbor has on on his jk Ithe feel like no Springs at all

JEEP212121

Try looking into a budget boost. You'll have the same ride just higher to fit those 35". And maybe some longer shocks instead of the extension brackets.
You can do all that on the cheap.

Budget boost won't give me 4 inches of a lift though. They are only 2.5 right?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Yeah I would do the spacers for now and run better longer shocks. You'll get a good lift for 35s and the better shocks will help your ride. I ran spacers for about 2 years and they worked really well for me. I have a kid on the way too so I know has you feel.

JEEP212121

Yeah I would do the spacers for now and run better longer shocks. You'll get a good lift for 35s and the better shocks will help your ride. I ran spacers for about 2 years and they worked really well for me. I have a kid on the way too so I know has you feel.

If u would let me know exactly what u ran with the BB so I get all my details right.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Budget boost won't give me 4 inches of a lift though. They are only 2.5 right?

What the fuck do you need 4" of lift for? A good kit that is 4" will cost $2000 minimum. If you're on a budget play on a budget. Don't get all stupid from the start where it'll cost you more in the long run. At 4" you'll need both driveshafts, track bar bracket rear, drag link flip kit front. All things that I bet doesn't come with the rough country and zone lifts.

JEEP212121

What the fuck do you need 4" of lift for? A good kit that is 4" will cost $2000 minimum. If you're on a budget play on a budget. Don't get all stupid from the start where it'll cost you more in the long run. At 4" you'll need both driveshafts, track bar bracket rear, drag link flip kit front. All things that I bet doesn't come with the rough country and zone lifts.

Alright. Stop commenting please. Keep it respectful.

rogerk93

If your planning on going with a 4 inch your going to spend a lot more than just the lift. Both are horrible lifts and they are not complete as mentioned before. Your going to spend more on top of the lift to buy everything else you need. If your going to do something so it the correct way the first time rather than spending more money down the line. Buy yourself a budget boost and stay with 35's until you get the money to get what you want.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
If u would let me know exactly what u ran with the BB so I get all my details right.

$180 Rough Country Series 2 budget boost and 35s. Only thing the kit needs are bump stops.

1459093369468.jpg

4" is way to much with just 35s. Hell Moby is sitting at 3.5" with 40s (and full width axles).

Samlautranger

If on a really tight budget, I would just do a budget boost and 33" tires.

As some have said before, if wanting to got 3", 4", or even more - you are going to have to pay a lot and do a lot of modifications to get a good ride, be safe, and not do any damage to your vehicle. And the issue with going 4" or more, it is not just the lift kit, it is a domino effect. Lift kit causes you to have to modify many other components, and then those modifications require you modify other things - the madness does not stop. ;)

If wanting to go 4", though is not cheap, I would take a close look at Old Man Emu's complete 4" lift kit. Have used OME lift kits in the past, and been impressed.

JAGS

Hooked
Alright. Stop commenting please. Keep it respectful.

Ignore the f-bomb if it offends you, but Overlander is spot on in terms of the details. I know because I went through the same decision process nearly two years ago.

You don't want to skimp on a 4" lift. And for 35s, you don't want a 4" lift in the first place. So now the difference is between 2.5 and 3. Choose 3" and plan to spend for all the extras noted in previous post(s).

If you are simply offended by the language or tone maybe find a Christian wheelers forum. [emoji106][emoji120]🏼

Top Bottom