Zeon 8 vs Zeon 10

CarolinaJK

I have a two door Jk and I do very light to somewhat moderate wheeling. Usually I am with JKU's and would like to be able to pull them out if need be. A Lot of mud here in SC. I am buying a Zeon this week and wanted to know is the 10 worth the extra $100? I figured it is, but I am a cheap bastard lol.

jkwebbie

2000 more lbs of pulling power for only $100. I would rather have more pulling power than I need than not enough

Peak

I'd put that extra $100 towards a synthetic line. 8K is perfect for a JK especially a 2 door.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
When you consider the weight that a heavily modded jku stuck deep in the mud might be it makes sense to get as much pulling power as you can. You can always switch to synthetic later if you want.

CarolinaJK

Exactly what I'm going to do. I'm also only running a single battery so I want to draw the least amount of amps as possible while having the pulling power. Although a 10k with a snatch block would seem sufficient in my head?

toxicwaste29

I'd check out the specs. I believe for instance the warn vr 8 and the 12 are the same everything except bigger line. You can't get a 12k line for less than 100$ of you go factory so yes IMO it's worth it

SuperSlim

2000 pounds of pulling power is a lot. Don't forget if you are not spooled out every wrap makes the winch weaker. Get the bigger winch.

WJCO

Meme King
My WJ (no frame) is a 4 door, V8, family of 5, shitload of tools, tire carrier, sliders, etc. Zeon 8 is plenty for us even when pulling uphill. If I were you, I would get the 8 and apply the extra money toward the synthetic. Also, the WJ is very similar in weight to a 2 door jk.

CarolinaJK

My WJ (no frame) is a 4 door, V8, family of 5, shitload of tools, tire carrier, sliders, etc. Zeon 8 is plenty for us even when pulling uphill. If I were you, I would get the 8 and apply the extra money toward the synthetic. Also, the WJ is very similar in weight to a 2 door jk.

I also thought about this, but I'm also starting to feel like it may be better to spend the $100 than wish I did later on.

WJCO

Meme King
Also, is there any other winch better for $1000 max? I liked the Zeon because of its water "proofing".

People will argue pros and cons of different models, but I don't know of any other winch with a better reputation than Warn. So as long as you go with Warn, you're getting the best.

CarolinaJK

Thanks man! Yeah I certainly have been! Don't exactly have the budget for it, but you only live once right? [emoji23]

Top Bottom