Brightest Headlights?

BLCK4X4

Hey everyone. Looking to upgrade my headlights, what would you recommend? They need to be super bright, and I prefer them to be black housings I don't like the OEM chrome[emoji109]🏼

Thanks guys

swampdog

You will get recommendations for the Trucklites, which are definitely nice, but for $75 dollars more can you can have the new JW Speaker Evolution J headlights, which are true projectors and, IMO, are on another level of light output.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You will get recommendations for the Trucklites, which are definitely nice, but for $75 dollars more can you can have the new JW Speaker Evolution J headlights, which are true projectors and, IMO, are on another level of light output.

$75 more? The JW's are like $300 a piece!

Boji

I have trucklites on my jeep and can't believe I used to drive around with the stock lights. High beams are almost too much when they start reflecting off street signs at night. Living in a town that doesn't have street lights and plenty of deer crossing the roads I can safely say that as long as I have a jeep it will have LED headlights.

Also with the trucklites, the width of the light output due to their x pattern makes them way better than stock or any other lights that I have seen yet.

I also have LED's for fog lights and rarely use my high beams because the light output is almost as good the stock high beams.

Good luck in the hunt, plenty of great lights to choose from :thumb:

Diablo

In my opinion-My boss and I both bought LED's, I bought TL's and he bought JW's. Both were amazing compared to the factory junky headlights. We both could not say either one put more light out then the other but what I couldn't get by was how ugly the JW's were. After a while he started to agree and we both swapped our lights out for the new heated TL's and are very happy with them. Also most of the vehicles we use over in the sand box have the TL's factory and they put up with very hard core abuse.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459122503.136086.jpg

swampdog

Got a project bonus so decided to upgrade the jeep with some of it. It's been a busy week working on the rig.

Journeyman

In my opinion-My boss and I both bought LED's, I bought TL's and he bought JW's. Both were amazing compared to the factory junky headlights. We both could not say either one put more light out then the other but what I couldn't get by was how ugly the JW's were. After a while he started to agree and we both swapped our lights out for the new heated TL's and are very happy with them. Also most of the vehicles we use over in the sand box have the TL's factory and they put up with very hard core abuse.
View attachment 194922

Could not agree more with how bad the JW's look. IMO they look like they belong on an import of some sort (fast n furious) but to each his own I guess.
I chose the KC led's and I'm happy so far. But I think anything is an upgrade over the factory junk. I also was cruising kc's website and saw they've got some new updated 7" headlights hitting the market soon.

jkwebbie

You can upgrade to HIDs. There's plenty of kits on the market. My buddy upgraded to 6k HIDs in his JK and only cost about $75 for the kit. It replaces the bulbs and some wiring and connectors. Only took him about 2.5 hours to do it and they ate crazy bright. Worth the money if you can do the work yourself. He said the instructions were easy to follow too

Journeyman

You can upgrade to HIDs. There's plenty of kits on the market. My buddy upgraded to 6k HIDs in his JK and only cost about $75 for the kit. It replaces the bulbs and some wiring and connectors. Only took him about 2.5 hours to do it and they ate crazy bright. Worth the money if you can do the work yourself. He said the instructions were easy to follow too

Cool! Good to know.

Jackal01

And HIDs in housings not designed for HIDs will not throw light correctly which includes blinding oncoming vehicles.

Top Bottom