Axle shafts?

Jelliott28

Looking to upgrade my 2015 jkur. I've been doing some research but figured I would get the best answers on here. Looking to get a set of the rcvs for the front 44 and already got the artec full armor. Planning on doing weekend trips once I get the jeep where I want it. So first question are the rcvs worth the money and what should I put in the rear? Also how good are the stock lockers? Will be doing gears this summer

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run RCV's and while they are nice enough, they're far from worth the $400 premium especially being that they're hard pressed to actually honor their so called outstanding warranty. In my opinion, you're much better off just getting a set of standard chromoly shafts with full circle clips.

As far as the rear goes, just run your factory shafts until you bend a flange and then just get a standard set of chromoly replacement just because they're cheaper than OE replacements.

Of course, I'm just a mall crawling web wheeler so you can take my advice for what it's worth.

Exodus 4x4

From what I understand the rcvs are stronger, but because of that you can sometimes tear up your internals before your shafts go. I'm sure someone more familiar with them will chime in.

WJCO

Meme King
I don't have any experience with RCV. Have heard pros and cons. I would just do what Eddie said. I think Ten Factory makes some Chromoly for like 500-600 bucks. Other option would be just carry stock spares along with proper tools and knowledge for way cheaper. You may not even need to use them.

JAGS

Hooked
Yup, chromoly are a great option. When I bent a rear flange, I swapped in revolution. Made in the USA[emoji106]

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I've got to agree with Eddie, all I ever heard about RCV is problems. Both with the shafts and with the warranty.

I must say though I have no personal experience with them.

Top Bottom