Daystar Rocker Switch ku80011

chttrbx

Just installed one of these rocker switches, mounted into the dash, everything looks and works great except that the switch is always lit. Where can I easily connect the white wire to so that the switch will shut off when the Jeep is off or so that the switch wont be constantly lit, im worried it will drain my battery.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
In English what does that mean? Switch the wires?

There's a hot wire for your switches to get power. I bet you wired it direct to a power source or battery.

It's suppose to be wired to a "hot wire" when the key is on the run position.

The hot wire should only get power when the vehicle is running. Make sense ?

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah I put the wHite and yellow wires both to the + on the battery, where should the white wire go to?

You have to hook the switch wire to a circuit on the vehicle that has 12 volts only when ignition key is in the 'on' position. With a test light, find a circuit that has power when Jeep is on but has no power when Jeep is off.

chttrbx

You have to hook the switch wire to a circuit on the vehicle that has 12 volts only when ignition key is in the 'on' position. With a test light, find a circuit that has power when Jeep is on but has no power when Jeep is off.

I need to find a video on that

WJCO

Meme King
I need to find a video on that

Here you go. The blue fuse in the video is an example of a circuit that uses 12V ign rather than 12V constant. There are many ways to tap into wires, but for what you're doing, I would recommend a fuse tap. You can Google that or ask your local auto parts store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksrsXwwukFc

EDIT: Post 47 on by build thread shows a fuse tap: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31128-WJCO-s-Build-Thread-1999-WJ/page2

chttrbx

Omg that's it a Fuse Tap!

Appreciate the help, if I had known there was term for that I would have asked up front!

Rogue26

Think you could also get switched power for the power port next to the power window switches. It is a keyed source and normally close to switch install locations. Just use a low amperage inline fuse with it.

Rogue26

Do you have the accessory port? Looks like a cigarette lighter opening? My 2013 has one that I use for charging my phone. It is tied to the ignition switch and is utilized by a lot of people for switch power

Top Bottom