Metal CLoak 3.5" dual rate springs

Anyone install these yet? I have a 3" lift on my JKU. MC 3.5" Coils Springs does this mean I will gain .5 in my lift? Would I need new shocks?
Thanks in advance for the help

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You need to be aware of the fact that very few lift coils will yield what they advertise. MOST will end up being taller but to what degree will differ from manufacturer to manufacturer and it'll also be dependent on whether or not you have a 2-door or a 4-door and how much stuff you have installed. That being said, depending on what coils you are running now, you very well could have MORE lift than what these new Metalcloak coils will offer. OR, you could end up with WAY MORE lift than the 3.5" they advertise. The real question here is why do you feel the need to go up an additional .5" and if that's all you really need, I would recommend installing coil spacers to make up the difference as that will give you a guaranteed specific amount of lift and without changing your ride quality. Also, no, you won't need new shocks with just .5" of lift but that is assuming that's all you will end up with.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I have those springs, but I think Eddie gave you all the advice you need here. I personally wouldn't waste my time installing them if you already have 3" lift coils installed already.

tgoss

I have those springs, but I think Eddie gave you all the advice you need here. I personally wouldn't waste my time installing them if you already have 3" lift coils installed already.

Just curious on your impressions of comfort (I know everyone's ass is different). I have them sitting in a box, just lazy getting to installing them.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Just curious on your impressions of comfort (I know everyone's ass is different). I have them sitting in a box, just lazy getting to installing them.

They're a little firm IMO. It's hard to know how much blame the coils take and how much the shocks (OME) take, but they were paired together by MC so you'd think it'd be 50/50. Most of the time, the ride is fine, but it gets pretty harsh over pot holes or bumps.

tgoss

They're a little firm IMO. It's hard to know how much blame the coils take and how much the shocks (OME) take, but they were paired together by MC so you'd think it'd be 50/50. Most of the time, the ride is fine, but it gets pretty harsh over pot holes or bumps.

Thank you for the honest opinion.

I have a 15 JKU I recently added .75" coil spring spacers and the ride changed almost feel like I going to tip. But I love the stance now. The reason Im asking the orginal question is if I add new springs I would remove the spacers.
I pretty tall so I would like a little higher lift.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 15 JKU I recently added .75" coil spring spacers and the ride changed almost feel like I going to tip.

:cheesy: What?? There are clearly a few words missing here and maybe that's why I'm confused but, are you saying that your Jeep feels like it's going to tip now because of the .75" coil spacers you installed?

What 3" coils do you have installed now and what control arms are you running? Also, how big of a tire are you running?

WJCO

Meme King
I have a 15 JKU I recently added .75" coil spring spacers and the ride changed almost feel like I going to tip. But I love the stance now. The reason Im asking the orginal question is if I add new springs I would remove the spacers.
I pretty tall so I would like a little higher lift.

Are you 100% sure they were installed correctly? Shouldn't change ride at all really.

No im not actually how would I know

Now Im being told I should replace the control arms in front and rear to fix the castor to improve the ride

:cheesy: What?? There are clearly a few words missing here and maybe that's why I'm confused but, are you saying that your Jeep feels like it's going to tip now because of the .75" coil spacers you installed?

What 3" coils do you have installed now and what control arms are you running? Also, how big of a tire are you running?

Sorry was typing fast

I have the coils that came with the 3" BDS basic lift. Ride and feeling flighty really has changed since they were added

Top Bottom