Prorock 44 outboard shock mount options?

DGP

Anyone using outboard shock mounts on a Prorock 44? My shocks are hitting the frame at full flex.

Rottenbelly

I ran the nemesis ones on my old jeep. I had to drill a few holes but they went right on.
I had the bolt on one's on my Dana 30 and transfered them over.

DGP

I ran the nemesis ones on my old jeep. I had to drill a few holes but they went right on.
I had the bolt on one's on my Dana 30 and transfered them over.

So you had the bolt on Nemesis on a Dana 30 and you were able to transfer them over to a prorock?

I have metal cloak outboards on my Dana 30 but the MC guys said they don't work on a PR44. I need to take them off and see if I can get them to fit on the PR.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So you had the bolt on Nemesis on a Dana 30 and you were able to transfer them over to a prorock?

I have metal cloak outboards on my Dana 30 but the MC guys said they don't work on a PR44. I need to take them off and see if I can get them to fit on the PR.

They should work just fine if you already have then

DGP

I'll see if I can get them on today. Not fun seeing your shock bend against the frame.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
They should work just fine if you already have then

You didnt have to do anything for the coilovers on your pr44 right? I had to use the evo brackets on my stock 44 which moves the mounts out a little to clear the frame.

Personally I would call EVO or DYNATRAC to see what they would recommend.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'll see if I can get them on today. Not fun seeing your shock bend against the frame.

Even less fun shelling out money to rebuild them...twice. Ask me how I know. :crazy eyes: :doh:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You didnt have to do anything for the coilovers on your pr44 right? I had to use the evo brackets on my stock 44 which moves the mounts out a little to clear the frame.

My coilover kit came with brackets to move them outward

DGP

I'm not running coilovers. Just 2.5" shocks. They had enough clearance with the MC outboard mount on my Dana 30. I called dynatrac and they told me their mounts are moved outboard to help clear larger shocks but they didn't moved them out far enough. I talked with them a couple days ago in Moab and they didn't recommend any other mount. I'm hoping I can use my MC mounts. The Nemesis are pretty pricy.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm not running coilovers. Just 2.5" shocks. They had enough clearance with the MC outboard mount on my Dana 30. I called dynatrac and they told me their mounts are moved outboard to help clear larger shocks but they didn't moved them out far enough. I talked with them a couple days ago in Moab and they didn't recommend any other mount. I'm hoping I can use my MC mounts. The Nemesis are pretty pricy.

Lol the coilover question was geared toward me since I have coilovers and a pr44

Rottenbelly

I was able to bolt them on the PR 44 the same way as the 30. Had to drill the hole to mount just like on the 30.
I have the MC brackets on my new jeep but I would think they could be made to work also.
I did the PR 44 like 3 years ago so I don't know if anything would have changed by now.

DGP

I was able to bolt them on the PR 44 the same way as the 30. Had to drill the hole to mount just like on the 30.
I have the MC brackets on my new jeep but I would think they could be made to work also.
I did the PR 44 like 3 years ago so I don't know if anything would have changed by now.

Got ya. I'll try to swap them out today.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug

I was asking just to see if a mount was needed on the PR44 just like any other axle, so you would need to get brackets like EVO sells. I would think the 2.5 kings and the coilovers are very similar in diameter.

jeeeep

Hooked
i thought the pr44 were already tabbed out but if not enough, that explains why the shafts did not move on the front shocks when I took them off. I guess I need to send them to the king to have them checked

DGP

i thought the pr44 were already tabbed out but if not enough, that explains why the shafts did not move on the front shocks when I took them off. I guess I need to send them to the king to have them checked

The Kings are usually not pressurized high enough on the JKs to extend when removed. If you can't push or pull them you might have an issue but I would call king first.

jeeeep

Hooked
The Kings are usually not pressurized high enough on the JKs to extend when removed. If you can't push or pull them you might have an issue but I would call king first.

they only have 50psi pressure, i thought minimum was 70psi

So, I actually had used the Synergy brackets to move the shock outboard on my PR44. I assumed that I would need to do that as I had to move my shocks outboard on my stock axle.

Well, all was fine and dandy, until the day I decided I had to have the Dynatrack big brake kit.

My problem is compounded by the fact that I have the Reed Racing knuckles, i think.

However, on full turn, the bottom shock bolt would contact the brake caliper right where the brake line fastened into the caliper. The result was I would lose braking on full turn and had to pump up the brakes to get them back.

I made an appt to go in to Dynatrac and have them look at it. When I got there, they asked why I had the bracket on there. When I explained that I needed it on my stock axle in order for the shocks not to hit the frame, they advised that I take the brackets off as on the PR44 Unl axle build, they already move the bottom shock mount outboard for this very reason.

Im not sure why on full droop my shocks dont hit the frame now and yours do, but I guess that could be attributed to the differences in Jeeps.....I have a 2012 2 door rubi with RK 3.5" of lifted springs in front, or perhaps you dont have the PR44 Unl which moves the mounts out further....:idontknow:. o, btw, I am running the Bilstein 5100 series shocks in the front.

Top Bottom