Rear wheel speed sensor

FishsJK

Hey guys recently heard a click clack bang boom and what do you know I have a broken wheel speed sensor when I pull everything a part now I'm looking at the the other stuff I need but have no clue where to start for the inside ring that has some retainers broken.. Pics below, obviously I can't run it with the zip tie I just put it on there to show what I'm missing. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459216219.073953.jpg

Eagle1911

Looks like you are missing the brake shoe retainer assembly which usually is a small metal cup, spring and short shaft about 1 1/2 inches long. That will hold the shoe in place and is probably what failed first. Sorry I can't answer better as I am in a phone right now.

FishsJK

Oh you're fine that's exactly what I'm missing would I be able to pick this up at any auto parts store like orielly or autozone? Or would I have to go to the stealership.. Also I'm assuming I have to pull the shaft to replace this assembly I know I can replace the sensor from the inside of the rear hub.

Eagle1911

Any parts store should have the parts you need unless there is something special, but I can't see anything that would require going to a dealer. You shouldn't have to take it apart any further than what you already have from what I can see.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
You could try an auto parts store but they might not have it on hand. Plus it probably comes in a kit with all the hardware. The sensor goes in on the back side. One bolt holds it in and it comes right out. Just did mine. If you're patient then you can fix the shoes without pulling the shaft. There will be a few swear words involved though.

WJCO

Meme King
Ebrake hardware kit from parts store. Worst case would be dealer. You can fix that without pulling the axle.

FishsJK

Thanks for all the help guys! Sensor is ordered and stopping after work to see if the parts store has the hardware! Who would of guessed having lights on the dash would be this annoying I was pretty used to it with the last jeep but it feels out of place in this one.. Lol

Top Bottom