Evo carrier

Mitrig

Hey guys so I'll be installing the final parts on my rig. Question for everyone is what does everyone have on their Evo carrier? I wish I could say I can go up and see one to see how I want to mount things but I can't do that since no one in my province has this thing. I know there are a few rigs a couple hours away running them but they sit in garages 247 so I can't have access to check them out. I have a few ideas in my head on a few modifications I'll be making before I coat the carrier.

Anyone have ideas, pictures, opinions, anything really. I'd very much appreciate the feedback.

Possibly something you wish you had done before? Things you wish you didn't do?

Keep in mind the majority of the rig is Evo and synergy. so big selling point for me is quality work and great customer service.

I do alot fo overalnd trips, i have moab next year, drummond island this year. when we pack up for a trip we really pack up. So somehting easy to mount, possibly a rotopax set up since i dont want to carry 2 jerry cans in the jeep anymore now that my gf will be going on these trips if she doesnt take her rig.

Last edited:

Mitrig

I have an idea, take it off and give it to me [emoji3]

i would have said the same thing a few years back lol. Ive been loving the quality of Evoa and it was always the carrier i thought I would run in the end. its awesome no one here has one but at the same time it sucks becuase i cant really bounce ideas back and forth. once they see the 1800 dollar canadian price tag they all run away.

MTG

Caught the Bug
HQuestion for everyone is what does everyone have on their Evo carrier?

A 37" Nitto Trail Grappler mounted to a 17" ATX Slab
License plate
Trail/camp lights
Ability to carry a 4 gallon rotopack
"Not Cal" sticker
Dirt

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I used eddies write up for the rotopax mount, but have not reinstalled it yet since swapping to my 4 door.

MTG

Caught the Bug
how did you mount the roto? pics?

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8502-EVO-Tire-Carrier-Rotopax-Gas-Can-Mount-Solution

I can't remember if there are pics of other people's in that thread, there is a thread with other options though. Edit: Other option http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?8502-EVO-Tire-Carrier-Rotopax-Gas-Can-Mount-Solution

I used eddies write up for the rotopax mount, but have not reinstalled it yet since swapping to my 4 door.

Same.

Mitrig

Thanks guys. This definitely has given me a few ideas.'I was going to weld in a few tabs before the carrier was coated and now I think I know how I'm going to drop them in

Mitrig

Share what you do, I know I would like to add some things but I have yet to even try.

i will be sure to share all the modifications i make to the carrier before the install. I already ahve some steel ready. hoping to adjust mounting for the plate with reverse lights. plus a few cnc machined clamps for the rotopax can mounts. I will be sure to take pictures of what i ahve done to it.

Mitrig

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460859640.657417.jpg
Started the install...made tabs for using my ace liscenxe plate mount since it retains the 3rd brake light and the plate light. Also made a rotopax mount. Will post pictures once it is all
Installed on

Top Bottom