2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Spare Key

ctsams@gmail.com

Thanks!
There's a spare key the silver part of the key fob that can be removed for use as a "regular" key but I don't know where it goes to start the Jeep..

Scrambler

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459282554.692018.jpg If this is what you are talking about, I believe it unlocks the doors in the case of a dead battery or electric failure. It can also be used, I'm assuming, to unlock the shifter to get it in neutral, should you need to move it in any of the aforementioned cases. I'll look when I get home. It's my wife's DD.

MattMc

We always called it a valet key. Used to be a key that would start the car, but not open locked glove boxes and consoles. Since going to push button starts, I think it's the opposite. Give the valet the fob, keep the key, after locking the compartments.

FireHawk

From what ive understood from another forum(I haven't had a chance to look it up in the manual yet), in the event that the battery is too weak in the fob to unlock the doors then you can use the manual key to get into the vehicle. The fob has a small transmitter in the end opposite the manual key, that has just enough juice in it to be able to start the vehicle. It is supposed to be physically touched to the push start button and should allow you to start the vehicle and get to wherever you need, to get batteries or get to the other fob, etc.

Top Bottom