Opinions on a new jeep

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
So i went and looked at a jeep today now that I'm jeep-less. Wanted to get some opinions on what you guys thought. From what i could tell, this was the list i came up with of everything it has on it.

2013 Sport. 50k miles

About 3ish inches of lift. Rubicon express lift/shocks
(Orange coils, adjustable trackbar and RE shocks)
Dick cepek 35s w/ aftermarket rims and spacers
Volant cold air intake
Mile marker winch
Ace front bumper?
Ace rear bumper and tire carrier
JW Speaker Heads and Tails
Orange LEDs inside
Hard top
Bestop soft top
Bestop soft doors

They told me 21,500 and its mine.

P.S, Death wobble and flighty steering on test drive lol

Makes sense bc theres no way the steering geometry is correct with a 3" lift and no adjustable control arms.

Opinions please! Im going back tomorrow

jeeeep

Hooked
it's a sport, don't let the add-ons distract you.
IMO, you should be able to find a used rubicon in good condition to build on.

if you're set on it, I'd check it for a drop pitman arm.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
it's a sport, don't let the add-ons distract you.
IMO, you should be able to find a used rubicon in good condition to build on.

if you're set on it, I'd check it for a drop pitman arm.

My biggest thing right now, with a baby on the way, is price. I honestly cant find a 12+ stock sport for anywhere close to the price

mackey

What's your budget? Will you be paying extra for stuff that's on it, just to remove it and add your own set up? Is definitely use the death wobble to lower the price.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
What's your budget? Will you be paying extra for stuff that's on it, just to remove it and add your own set up? Is definitely use the death wobble to lower the price.

I basically tried to make it death wobble. Hit railroad tracks and punched it. Its listed for 25. They came all the way down to 21.5 for me. Im not sure how much more they will come down. Unfortunately the salesman wasn't in the jeep when it got deathwobble and my luck i wont be able to get it to do it again. I would honestly replace lift and tires.

mackey

I basically tried to make it death wobble. Hit railroad tracks and punched it. Its listed for 25. They came all the way down to 21.5 for me. Im not sure how much more they will come down. Unfortunately the salesman wasn't in the jeep when it got deathwobble and my luck i wont be able to get it to do it again. I would honestly replace lift and tires.

If your planning on replacing the lift and tires, might want to find a bone stock jeep sold private party. You will save money. With these things, so much depends on your budget, need of a vehicle and how much you like the jeep your talking about. You could always wait until the last day of the month. Dealerships often lower the price to get a sale at the end of the month. Hope it works out for you.

jeeeep

Hooked
if they dropped that much that quick, they are aware of issues and either can't figure it out or feel it's too expensive to repair. if you plan to replace the lift and tires I'd toss out a borderline crazy offer and see if they bite or counter with a lower offer. why pay 21500 only to drop another approx 2k for tires and lift

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
if they dropped that much that quick, they are aware of issues and either can't figure it out or feel it's too expensive to repair. if you plan to replace the lift and tires I'd toss out a borderline crazy offer and see if they bite or counter with a lower offer. why pay 21500 only to drop another approx 2k for tires and lift

Honestly the only reason I'm getting that price is bc my aunt works at the dealership lol

el_chupo_

Do they have another on the lot? Maybe offer lower and let them keep the bumper, winch, wheels, and tires, trade it for stock stuff on another jeep?

Have you considered a fly and drive? Around me sport 2 doors, 2012+, and under 60k list around 21-23k. may be able to find a deal further out.

Im with these guys - if your dumping parts, Im not sure its a good deal...

Journeyman

My biggest thing right now, with a baby on the way, is price. I honestly cant find a 12+ stock sport for anywhere close to the price

Not sure what the plan is? But I can't imagine momma being very happy for long putting an infant in the back seat of a lifted jk. Just a thought.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not sure what the plan is? But I can't imagine momma being very happy for long putting an infant in the back seat of a lifted jk. Just a thought.

They have a second car already. This jeep would be Gregs daily and for everything else they would use the car with the baby.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That's honestly not a bad price for a 2013. Heck, I got that trade in for my 2013 2 door. What would concern me is the death wobble. May be an easy fix, or you may be buying someone else's gremlin that could lead to many headaches down the road. You just never really know what your getting in a used rig. There is a good chance that if you replace the lift with something complete and torque it to specs that it will fix the issue, but you never really know until your knee deep in it. I hope it works out for you bro. And congrats on the baby!

Top Bottom