Frankenlift questions!

Fedfireman

Hello everyone,

I have a '15 JKU Sport that I had the Mopar/Fox 2" lift (Manufacturer Part No: 77070088) and 35's installed on when I bought it. Since then I have learned of it's limitations and set out to upgrade.

Current lift came with:

2" coils
Fox 2.0 Shocks (best I can figure is they're the 1.5-3.5" lift versions but I'm honestly not sure they aren't some proprietary shock made for mopar.)
Front double Cardin drive shaft
Rear track bar bracket
bump stop extensions
sway bar links
brake line relocation brackets (SUUUCK, took fronts off after shock body smashed them)

I have the following upgrade parts:

Rock Krawler F&R adjustable track bars
Rock Krawler 3.5" Coils
Front track bar relocation bracket
Grade 8 LCA/track bar hardware
Crown extended brake lines
Synergy adjustable tie rod
Synergy adjustable drag link
Synergy adjustable control arms (all 8)

I spent the whole day today installing all the front arms, coils and steering metal. Because I didn't buy this as a kit, I'm afraid I have over looked some things.

Things I know/think I need now:

Exhaust extensions
new proper bump stops
new longer shocks or shock relocation brackets

Am I missing anything else?

Fox 2.0 racing series shocks seem to come in 2 models, 1.5-3.5 and 4-6 inch lift. The new LCA's and UCA's gained me a lot of axle droop and the 3.5" coils put my shocks at dang near full extension. It really seems to me those shocks either aren't good to 3.5" of lift or I don't have THOSE shocks at all (see proprietary fox shock?)

Without the lower shock bolts connected the axle droops a solid 3-4" beyond full extension. Am I missing something? I made the assumption that my shocks would be good and did NOT budget for new ones. The synergy shock relocation brackets state they can use the factory shocks up to 3" of lift.... How well will they work with my Fox shocks? -My current bumps allowed my tires to contact the front fender brackets (I have flat fenders), but I always had a good 1.5-2" of dirty shaft left on the shocks after good flexing. I plan on getting the correct bump stops but I'm afraid I won't have them in before an upcoming wheeling trip. Will my new setup potentially compromise my shocks without proper bumps? I really don't fully understand setting them up properly.

Thank you if you read this all the way through! and thank you for your time!

GraniteCrystal

Oofta. Heck of a first post man. Not lifted mine yet so can't answer specifics. Others will probably chime in.

Welcome to WAL. Be sure and introduce yourself in the Give Us a Wave sub-forum.

Pyro1415

I'm sure someone smarter than me might chime in. Chances are the rk coils boosted you more than 4.5" depending on the weight of your jku. Check for full drop if you still have some shock left you might be good and full rise you should be really good but idk. Teraflex makes shock extension brackets. I used them for a little bit when I first upgraded and they were fine. Also, you might be able to sell the fox shocks for the price of say bilstein shocks which match the rk lift pretty well, at least on 4 doors which you have.

You might be able to get away with removing your flares while your wheeling and be good. But just a heads up you might want to cancel your trip or just take it slow. My first time lifted I went fast like a special kid and blew a shock(stock) and bent my exhaust(right above the axle). And that was running bumpstops for 35s and only on 32s so I should have had plenty of room.
With 37s I just take it slow and let the tires grind away at my plastic fenders while I await more lift.

Fedfireman

Oofta. Heck of a first post man. Not lifted mine yet so can't answer specifics. Others will probably chime in.

Welcome to WAL. Be sure and introduce yourself in the Give Us a Wave sub-forum.

Haha sorry, will do!

I'm sure someone smarter than me might chime in. Chances are the rk coils boosted you more than 4.5" depending on the weight of your jku. Check for full drop if you still have some shock left you might be good and full rise you should be really good but idk. Teraflex makes shock extension brackets. I used them for a little bit when I first upgraded and they were fine. Also, you might be able to sell the fox shocks for the price of say bilstein shocks which match the rk lift pretty well, at least on 4 doors which you have.

You might be able to get away with removing your flares while your wheeling and be good. But just a heads up you might want to cancel your trip or just take it slow. My first time lifted I went fast like a special kid and blew a shock(stock) and bent my exhaust(right above the axle). And that was running bumpstops for 35s and only on 32s so I should have had plenty of room.
With 37s I just take it slow and let the tires grind away at my plastic fenders while I await more lift.

I currently only have the fronts done and my eye measure only puts it at around 1-1.5" above what it was before. it's actually sitting maybe .25" above the rear with 2" coils.

Good point on the selling the fox shocks for bilsteins, I may try that.

My flares aren't the problem it's the brackets on the front for the factory flares that I rub. I wheeled the heck out of her last year and the only problems I had were front bumper clearance (winch and steel bumper sagged the front a bit and my recovery points would hit steep rocks before my front tires did. So I had to angle in and ride my driver/passenger tire up before I could turn in). Then had the tire rubbing flare bracket at full flex, and with the wheel base of the JKU I was high centering on things.

Prior to these latest upgrades, my factory control arms were my limiting factor, so I have more flex now than before, but I'm leaving a lot on the table with my shocks I fear.

Top Bottom