Choices: 35 or 30 spline locker for rear stock D44?

StickFish

I can't seem to find any info on why people choose 35 vs 30 spline lockers for their stock non-rubicon Rear D44. So I am asking for opinions on this topic.

I know the 35 spline is stronger (as that is also what I put in my old TJ), but there is also the idea that I could keep my stock axels as backups if I go with the 30 spline ARB locker.

The long term plan is to lock up the stock rear and add strength - then add a PR44 in the front. When I break the rear I will move to a FF 60 (just don't have the cash to drop and do it all at once). I am running 35's now but will plan to move to 37's when I get the PR44.

What do people prefer when they build up the rear D44?

Thanks!

Rottenbelly

I can't seem to find any info on why people choose 35 vs 30 spline lockers for their stock non-rubicon Rear D44. So I am asking for opinions on this topic.

I know the 35 spline is stronger (as that is also what I put in my old TJ), but there is also the idea that I could keep my stock axels as backups if I go with the 30 spline ARB locker.

The long term plan is to lock up the stock rear and add strength - then add a PR44 in the front. When I break the rear I will move to a FF 60 (just don't have the cash to drop and do it all at once). I am running 35's now but will plan to move to 37's when I get the PR44.

What do people prefer when they build up the rear D44?

Thanks!

Ran the ARB and 35 spline axles on my first jeep, gonna do the same on my new one.
Till I can build up a sterling 10.5 rear end for for it.

martinzusmc

I just went through the same dilemma. I opted for 35 spline. Why? After much discussion with friends, on here, and on other forums I came to this conclusion. If I am paying for gear and lockers why not upgrade the axles to 35 spline. Not much of a price difference. So now, I don't worry so much about carrying a spare axle, but I also know my weak point has most likely shifted to the Ring and Pinion.

Top Bottom