OEM Navigation question

Dlong12380

Will a 2013 oem navigation unit work in a 2015? What do I need to get to make it work? Will it just be plug and play as long as I have the antenna for the navigation? Any help will be appreciated I have a chance on picking one up for only $300. Thanks!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
From the little bit of reading I have done on this, well since I wanted to add in oem nav, it will be plug and play but yes you would need the dual xm/nav antenna. Do you have u-connect now? If not you may need to add the harness for that as well.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
If your '15 JK has Sirius radio, the '13 Nav unit will be plug and play. My '15 came with the RES130 radio with Sirius, but without uconnect. I added a 430N Nav radio from a '13 JK. It was plug and play. The OEM Sirius satellite radio antenna doubles as the GPS antenna. So as long as you currently have Sirius radio your good to go. Just make sure you get the security code for the '13 radio. All Jeep radios after 2012 have a security feature that requires a code when installed in a new vehicle. I added the uconnect module to the 430N radio and had it flashed at the dealership to activate the Uconnect handsfree and the backup camera. Worked flawlessly.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Awesome, thank you! I do have Sirius radio. Does it matter it's the 730N GPS unit?

Nope. It actually makes it easier with the 730, because you do not need purchase the add-on uConnect module kit for vehicles that did not come with it from the factory. The uConnect bluetooth handsfree phone and bluetooth audio streaming is all internal on the 730N. The 730N just has a different navigation software other than Garmin. It really comes down to preference.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
With the 730N you need to get a jumper wire for the u connect. It does not use the box that is plugged in now.

I should've mentioned that. That's true IF you currently have uConnect. If your Jeep did not come with uConnect hands free then no need for the jumper cable. The jumper cable part number is mopar part #82212906.

Link for the 730N RHR, shows what I mention in the item description - http://www.justforjeeps.com/rhrmynara.html
Link for the adapter harness - http://www.justforjeeps.com/rhrwiadkit.html

EDIT: just noticed you also posted the link. Didn't notice that when I initially posted.

Last edited:

Evil

Should have mentioned, if it helps, that oem radio place will buy back your u connect box so you can get some credit back on whatever you buy from them or they will even outright purchase it from you.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Should have mentioned, if it helps, that oem radio place will buy back your u connect box so you can get some credit back on whatever you buy from them or they will even outright purchase it from you.

That's good to know. I've got a spare that came with my 430N RHB. I couldn't use it since I needed the entire kit for a jk that did not have the uconnect from the factory.

sjd78

So where's the best place to buy a used 730n? eBay? I'd like to upgrade my oem unit and I already have uconnect and Sirius.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I hate the 730 in my jk8. give me the garmin 430 any day of the week !

Same here. Just don't like the map quality nav software on the 730. The 430N with the Garmin, even though Jeep considers it a lower model, is significantly better than the 730 IMHO.

Dlong12380

Hooked it up yesterday no problem! U connect works too! Now I just need to find a chord to hook up an OEM sub. Any one have one for sale?

Top Bottom