Battery

wanderer

looking for a ne battery had the optima yellow top but I understand that are now made in Mexico and quality is down, Sear near me doesn't carry the diehard platinum only the gold. odes seem like the way to go but getting $$$$. By the way I look dup exile PL pure lead battery with 1000 cca and it was $432. so any idea what other might be a good choice?

I would ideally like to find a pure lead battery , AGM with at least 880 CCA. I might turning into a battery snob > any one have some hidden jewels they want to share?

wanderer

looking at the x2 from batteries plus 5 yr warranty pure lead plate AGM same specs as the odyssey but less cost made in America < any on know about these?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just installed a diehard gold in my jeep. Only a 3 year warranty but it has almost 800 CCA which was a plus.

jeeeep

Hooked
looking at the x2 from batteries plus 5 yr warranty pure lead plate AGM same specs as the odyssey but less cost made in America < any on know about these?

I've seen good reviews on this battery, I think they were NorthStar then x2Power but something about one of the engineers started this brand when Odyssey (Enersys) bought the original manufacturer out. I read the enginneer had to wait for the patents to expire and now they are direct competition with Odyssey. I see they carry a better warranty than Odyssey but are the same performance etc... at 880CCA, strong battery

jeepgreenjon

I'm currently running an Interstate MT7 Pure Power AGM. Its been in the Jeep for two years and has ran my winch and air compressor numerous times, so far i'm very happy with it for sure. At my work we play around with AGM battery's quite a bit in our Industrial sweepers and Floor scrubbers, the only brand I would say to stay away from are Discover AGM's, we have had nothing but problems with service life on the Discovers. Trojan AGMS have been very reliable but are quite costly. I know floor scrubbers are different from Jeeps, however the principle of being hammered with high amperage draws are pretty much the same.

Last edited:

MurderedJK

DieHard Platinum DISCONTINUED by Sears

Sears discontinued the DieHard Platinum series battery :mad:. Good thing I bought one before they made this terrible decision. I've been wondering what Sears would give me if my Platinum dies out on me while under warranty :idontknow:.

Top Bottom