My seat is jacked....

Amick218

Banned
I just noticed on the jeep my passenger seat seems to be missing a lever...and the other lever on there appears to be jacked up too. It's placed vertically and the seat won't recline.

Odd/dumb/possibly simple fixes I'm sure.

Any input would be appreciated lol

Attachments

• 1459474681006.jpg
    1459474681006.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

JeepDrum

Is this a 2 door? The vertical lever is supposed to be that way. When pushed towards the rear, the top half of the seat should rotate forward. This is so people can get in the back. When the seat is pushed back it will return to its original position. For the bottom lever, I would look at a junk yard. I guess you could probably get one from a dealer also. Maybe something like the rock auto website too but not sure about that. With the bottom lever in place, the seat should work normally.

Amick218

Banned
Yeah it's 2 door. So it will not recline? Also, is the missing one a height adjustment?

Edit: ok so from reading the interwebs I'm missing a horizontal lever that is strictly from reclining the seat. I tried to move that metal knob with vice grips today and it wouldn't budge. It is rusty, I hope it's not seized up?..

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

Mine only has height adjustment on the drivers seat. I have a 4 dr so I'm guessing the one you have folds the seat and the missing one is for reclining. Again, just this 4 dr owner's guess.

Amick218

Banned
Mine only has height adjustment on the drivers seat. I have a 4 dr so I'm guessing the one you have folds the seat and the missing one is for reclining. Again, just this 4 dr owner's guess.

Yup you're correct.

I'll try to find the missing horizontal lever and hopefully can get that metal knob to turn...

Last edited:
The lever is called Handle, seat release on my 2011.

Can't imagine them re-naming it for other model years.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom