Jeep rides poorly after lift

Smitty

We installed a lift on the Jeep this week and it rides and drives like crap.
Inserted coil wedges between each coil to extend the springs then made some wood spacers for a 6 inch body lift. I know used tires aren't the best option but the tread is smooth and only needed about 2 lbs per tire to balance so I figured they would ride smooth.
How do I get the factory ride back?

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
You might want to start construction on some wood axel trusses to protect your axels from all the obstacles your not going to clear from the help of those those 6" pine spacers. Good luck :bleh:

Scrambler

Inserted coil wedges between each coil to extend the springs then made some wood spacers for a 6 inch body lift. I know used tires aren't the best option but the tread is smooth and only needed about 2 lbs per tire to balance so I figured they would ride smooth.

You got me. I was sitting here reading this, thinking this guy is an idiot. Nice job.:thumb:

16jku1231

I also heard if you install some wooden wheels, they flex and give a little to make the ride much smoother.

Deathmask

Did job replace the Johnson rod with an aftermarket unit when you did the lift? If you didn't stroke it a couple times to bleed the air out that could cause your problem. Or if that doesn't work, you could try rotating the lug nuts.

jeeeep

Hooked

you have to chew up some bubble gum and place a chunk on each side of the wooden spacers, if you want a caddilike ride you need to remove the shocks and add the pvc shock extenders to get more flex :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King

I think you'll find the answer on our Hawaii app.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Did you use Teraflex wooden spacers?

Top Bottom