EVO skid weak point reinforcement

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Anyone else seen this? I put these on as soon as I bought my JK and being still stock with only a handful of easy wheeling trips, I was shocked that it appears the rattle from my exhaust was due to a hit at the absolute weak point of the skid. This shoved the front lip into the exhaust.

Thoughts on how I could reinforce? Im a bit bummed as despite knowing skids have to be replaced eventually I thought I would get a lot more mileage out of these.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459702904.290940.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459702877.095406.jpg

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I forget who it was but a while ago someone posted a thread, they welded a gusset there

Last edited:

Nosos

I realize that the exhaust rattle you had was annoying but it seems to me that if the skid plate was bent at that spot it did it's job and saved your exhaust.

I dropped almost the entire weight of my JKUR on that EVO skid and while it did bend and start rubbing on the exhaust crossover pipe, I believe that it saved me from trail repairs to my exhaust. I removed the skid and used a BFH to rectify the bend... haven't had a problem with it since. :rock:

UEgDUHe.jpg

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Learn how to drive. That the weak point of every crossmember exhaust. It saved your exhaust so it worked.

Exodus 4x4

I like to think mine are there in case I slip off my line for some reason. I don't knowingly abuse them just because they're there. Not sure any amount of reinforcement is going to 100% prevent damage from happening. Shit always finds a way to happen.

Top Bottom