HELP!!! ABS and traction control light issues.

skizzy

today my 2011 Jeep Wrangler unlimited was driving perfectly fine Untill I parked in a parking space to wait for someone, my car was still on, then about 15 mins later I go to back out and drive away and the breaks feel like they are locking when I press the gas but then it's fine once it switches gears and then the ABS and traction control light came on but I don't know what's wrong or what to do so someone please help!!!!

WJCO

Meme King
today my 2011 Jeep Wrangler unlimited was driving perfectly fine Untill I parked in a parking space to wait for someone, my car was still on, then about 15 mins later I go to back out and drive away and the breaks feel like they are locking when I press the gas but then it's fine once it switches gears and then the ABS and traction control light came on but I don't know what's wrong or what to do so someone please help!!!!

Welcome to WAL. Start by checking brake fluid. Then visually check for torn speed sensor wires and heavy mud build up in the wheels. Check that tire pressure is equal. O'Reillys can check for codes for free.

aldaman

See if you are able to pull some trouble codes (DTCs). Majority of the time it's the rear wheel sensors. You could try cleaning them. If that doesnt work it has to be replaced. :beer:

Drdiesel1

You'll need to scan the ABS/TCS for DTC's to find out what the control module is seeing
and go from there. Guessing what it might be is useless and internet diagnostics is too :icon_crazy:

Lexiewalker

I have a sensitive ABS on my 2011 rubicon but I have always attributed it to my lift and 34" tires. It usually gets me around sharper prolonged turns. As soon as I straighten out it subsides.

iRonin

In addition to what WJCO said, check your steering wheel alignment.... it should be as dead on center as possible when driving down the road. If it's off a bit, this can trick your sensors into thinking something is wrong and go into "limp mode" like you're describing. I've personally experienced it where just being slightly off can cause it to only sometimes freak out, most often while accelerating through a turn (i.e. turning at a stop sign).

I have the same issue going on. I also have a 2011 rubicon...2.5" lift on 33's. Are the sensors (speed sensors) folks are talking about these tone ring sensors?

tdougherty81

Check the code, I've pretty much have replaced all but one speed sensor. Same sysmtoms you have. Rear sensor is the easiest.

Top Bottom