3" plush ride springs

LAJK

I recently installed the 3" plush rides and after installing them I noticed that my rear springs are bowing. How do I correct this? Has this happened to any others?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
3" plush ride springs

It happens with all springs especially when you have adjustable control arms in the rear. Install some coil correction wedges or new axle spring perches and your good to go

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I recently installed the 3" plush rides and after installing them I noticed that my rear springs are bowing. How do I correct this? Has this happened to any others?

How much bowing are we talking about here? Are you running aftermarket adjustable control arms?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is correct.

Then what you're seeing is totally normal. If it bothers you, I would recommend that you cut off your lower spring perches and install a set of adjustable JKS perches. That'll fix the problem.

LAJK

Then what you're seeing is totally normal. If it bothers you, I would recommend that you cut off your lower spring perches and install a set of adjustable JKS perches. That'll fix the problem.

Will this effect my ride Quality? The whole reason I swapped my Teraflex springs for the EVO plush rides is for a better ride.

Eezybreezy08

Will this effect my ride Quality? The whole reason I swapped my Teraflex springs for the EVO plush rides is for a better ride.

It shouldn't affect it. Mine is doing the same. I don't know if it is to the same (more or less) degree as yours. Hard to tell through pictures. But I don't pay no attention to it. Runs fine and the spring ain't going anywhere. But I'm not the expert for certain. So I would listen to what Eddie and some of the others folks suggest. But you should be good

Top Bottom