Coil Spring Replacement

JKUR-08

Hey everyone, so I bought an 08 JKU rubi and while everything is running great the springs are old and sagging. They're 2.5/3.5" skyjacker coils. I want to replace them with a similar ride height spring while I use my money to replace some other stuff before going higher. I saw on another post that Clayton was recommended by someone. Just wondering if anyone can give me some user experience. I am running 35s open country toyos right now with flat fenders.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to WAYALIFE. Being that you're running a set of 35" tires, I would recommend that you try to get coils that will in fact give you 3" of lift. MOST out there will yield WAY MORE than the 3" they advertise. If it were me, I would recommend a set of EVO Plush Ride coils as they are nice and soft. Of course, that's just what I have found I like the best.

JKUR-08

Thank you for the welcome, I am really glad I found you guys. I was looking at the EVO plush but I could only find front springs. Am I just missing it on the mobile site?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thank you for the welcome, I am really glad I found you guys. I was looking at the EVO plush but I could only find front springs. Am I just missing it on the mobile site?

They sell them either in the full kit or you can buy the springs separately

JKUR-08

They sell them either in the full kit or you can buy the springs separately

That is what I mean, I see the kit but for seperate springs I can only see fronts. Or do I just use the same springs for front and back? Also, will it be a straight up swap or will I have to swap something? Thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

jeeeep

Hooked
That is what I mean, I see the kit but for seperate springs I can only see fronts. Or do I just use the same springs for front and back? Also, will it be a straight up swap or will I have to swap something? Thanks for all the help I appreciate it.

they are on the website now. they did a website update and IMO launched the site way too soon, many of their items were not on the site when they released it and it appears its still a work in progress :naw:

rear 3" coils:

http://www.offroadevolution.com/shop-category/suspensions/

http://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-3-rear-plush-ride-coil-springs-set-jk-jku/

JKUR-08

they are on the website now. they did a website update and IMO launched the site way too soon, many of their items were not on the site when they released it and it appears its still a work in progress :naw:

rear 3" coils:

http://www.offroadevolution.com/shop-category/suspensions/

http://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-3-rear-plush-ride-coil-springs-set-jk-jku/

Awesome thank you for that. Now I called the guys at EVO and asked if I could swap those coils out with my current setup without changing anything and the guy on the phone said "I have no idea. Anythign else?" So... would you happen to know if these springs are just plug and play or will have to replace LCA, bumpstops etc etc?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Awesome thank you for that. Now I called the guys at EVO and asked if I could swap those coils out with my current setup without changing anything and the guy on the phone said "I have no idea. Anythign else?" So... would you happen to know if these springs are just plug and play or will have to replace LCA, bumpstops etc etc?

What is on your jeep? Evo is correct, it is impossible to answer your question without knowing what is on your jeep

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Yes sir. They are all sagging at different lengths right now and my ride sucks.

I don't see why you couldn't swap them spring for spring. The only difference in what you have now, and the new coils would be no sagging & better ride.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You may need to look into new sway bar links, at least. I don't know what skyjacker system you have. See the pic...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459872986.295190.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom