Poison spyder dana covers. Paint or naw?

JKool13

I just got my new raw poison spyder do these need some sort of clear coat or paint on them or will they be okay?

Danieljku2012

I just got my new raw poison spyder do these need some sort of clear coat or paint on them or will they be okay?

they will be fine raw but painting will add that nice unique touch to personalize the way you like them to look. I painted mine black with the spider painted white

WJCO

Meme King

Might as well paint it with something since you have it off. I painted mine blue and just outlined the spider with black permanent marker.

DSC02774.jpg

Last edited:

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I had mine powdercoated. Had them both done for $25 bucks. Had it been more expensive I would have just rattle canned them. WJCO's looked cooler though.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459916095.794809.jpg

Dewayne

All I can add to this is, if you decide to leave them raw (colored) and just clear over them, the regular acrylic enamel spray can clearcoat does NOT seal the metal. I scuffed my tie rod with a scotch brite pad, cleaned it good with wax and grease remover, and cleared over the raw metal. It looked great...for about a week...then it began to rust, right under the clearcoat, so you could see it plain as day. I talked to a body shop, and they said either use automotive grade clear mixed with a hardener, so it seals the metal, or paint it with a metal color paint, and then the spray can clear will be fine.

Evil

Might as well paint it with something since you have it off. I painted mine blue and just outlined the spider with black permanent marker.

View attachment 196553

Since mine are already PC black I'm going to steal your idea and do my outline in silver. I like this idea more then painting the spider and its easier to touch up and re outline when it gets scraped. Ill send you some Moab dust for the idea! :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Since mine are already PC black I'm going to steal your idea and do my outline in silver. I like this idea more then painting the spider and its easier to touch up and re outline when it gets scraped. Ill send you some Moab dust for the idea! :thumb:

Thanks. I'll be patiently waiting by the mail box. Just for kicks, I went out and looked at my cover and took some photos. I know it's only been on there for a short time, but the marker outline is still there! This is after a few times off road, two pressure washes, and driving and actually getting stuck during our last big snow storm. I'm happy to see it still hanging in there!

DSC03050.jpg

DSC03052.jpg

DSC03053.jpg

DSC03054.jpg

DSC03055.jpg

Top Bottom