EVO bolt-on coilovers with an Artec truss

Dewayne

Hi, I am currently running (on my 07 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited) 6 inch Synergy coil springs, a full width kingpin Dana 60 front, adjustable control arms, high steer arms and a heim steering kit from RuffStuff, with 41" tires on 18x12 wheels that have a -44 mm offset/4.75" backspace. I know EVO says 3.75" backspace or less required, but with full width axles being wider than stock, I believe that covers the extra inch on the wheel backspacing. I have a couple questions about the EVO kit, and hoping anyone with any ideas can reply, or maybe even Off Road Evolution will see the post. I'm curious if anyone knows if the EVO bolt-on coilover kit lower mounts will work on the Artec JK truss kit that's on my axle. Next question is concerning the low center of gravity (lcog) part of the kit. I really would prefer to keep the height that I'm at, or close to it, which as stated above, I'm using 6 inch front coils from Synergy. If I remember correctly, EVO says their kit is adjustable up to 5" ride height, but if I adjust the 12" coilovers included with the EVO kit to a ride height of 5 inches, am I going to be giving up too much down travel? Does it use up an inch of available droop for every inch of ride height you adjust them to? If I wanted to stay with my current 6 inches ride height, could I use 14" coilovers, so I'm not losing as much of that down travel, and just use limiting straps to limit the droop, if the driveshaft tries to get into the exhaust crossover?

Dewayne

This is how the vehicle sits at the current ride height, and those are 41" tires.

Attachments

• 1459914407433.jpg
    1459914407433.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 1459914514861.jpg
    1459914514861.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 167

cmireles

Any reason why you want to stay at 6 inches? Eddie runs 40's on a 3.5 inch lift with the DTD. I'm pretty sure EVO stopped selling 14 inch coilovers with their kits, there's a thread here somewhere that mentions why.

As for the artec truss, I'm not much help but I know 4 wheeler network did a ford 60 swap but used a currie axle bracket kit.

Dewayne

cmireles, 6" is just what I've always had on it, and I haven't had any problems, although I did add a lot of parts in the beginning to be able to run that high, such as the adjustable arms, adjustable track bars, drag link flip (when it had the stock D44 in it), etc... As far as whether I need to keep that height or not, I suppose not, I just always thought it wouldn't have hardly any up travel before it contacted the bumpstops, or the tire got into the fender. I may be wrong there, I don't know. With 41's, maybe it's just the wheel width I'm running, but I think if it was much lower, they could possibly contact the rear of the front fenders at full lock while the suspension was compressed a bit. I like the wider wheel look, so I'd probably at least go to the 5" lift height on the coilovers if I used them, but what I was concerned with, was whether or not you're using up available down travel as you add lift height in the coilovers. I've never used coilovers, so I'm trying to figure out some things.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
You could try sending Drew a message on the ORE vendor section, or better yet, why don't you just pick the phone up & call ORE direct? Sounds like this one question will lead to more questions that they can certainly answer...

Dewayne

You could try sending Drew a message on the ORE vendor section, or better yet, why don't you just pick the phone up & call ORE direct? Sounds like this one question will lead to more questions that they can certainly answer...

Yeah, I plan on calling them sometime today. I was just looking at the kits available, and wanted to see if anyone had any info since they were already closed. I work nights, 7 PM till 7 AM EST, so I'll have to call them before I go to work today.

Top Bottom