Driveshaft swap?

JKUR-08

Hey everyone, so I am getting my 3" EVO springs this week to replace the 2.5" skyjackers and I was underneath my Jeep checking everything out and lubing bolts and connections and I noticed the boot on my front driveshaft boot has a small tear and the rear at the axle end looks like it might have a very very small leak. Not enough to drop fluid on the ground but enough to leave what looks like a wet pattern at the connection point. Should I replace them asap especially since I am putting taller springs on or will I be okay after I get the alignment done? Input is greatly appreciated, thank you.

WJCO

Meme King
Hey everyone, so I am getting my 3" EVO springs this week to replace the 2.5" skyjackers and I was underneath my Jeep checking everything out and lubing bolts and connections and I noticed the boot on my front driveshaft boot has a small tear and the rear at the axle end looks like it might have a very very small leak. Not enough to drop fluid on the ground but enough to leave what looks like a wet pattern at the connection point. Should I replace them asap especially since I am putting taller springs on or will I be okay after I get the alignment done? Input is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Take pictures if you can please. Shouldn't be fluid in there, just grease. Unless it is your pinion seal leaking on the axle housing. Also, check out the alignment thread here so you don't waste your money. The only thing that will change on a solid axle Jeep lift is your caster which most shops won't touch anyway. (Can't adjust anyway unless lift kit comes with adjustable arms).

EDIT: Alignment thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

JKUR-08

Take pictures if you can please. Shouldn't be fluid in there, just grease. Unless it is your pinion seal leaking on the axle housing. Also, check out the alignment thread here so you don't waste your money. The only thing that will change on a solid axle Jeep lift is your caster which most shops won't touch anyway. (Can't adjust anyway unless lift kit comes with adjustable arms).

I will snap some pictures as soon I get home later. I am worried it is the pinion, but what would that entail as far as a fix? I didn't get adjustable control arms. There is a local shop that sells some, shoild I get LCA for the front before I install? Just replacing my springs because they're shot and ride sucks.

WJCO

Meme King
I will snap some pictures as soon I get home later. I am worried it is the pinion, but what would that entail as far as a fix? I didn't get adjustable control arms. There is a local shop that sells some, shoild I get LCA for the front before I install? Just replacing my springs because they're shot and ride sucks.

Pinion seal not too bad to do, youtube has vids on it. Need a big ass bar or impact gun though.

Others on the forum should be able to answer your question on the springs/arms for those particular coils, I don't have any experience with them.

JKUR-08

Pinion seal not too bad to do, youtube has vids on it. Need a big ass bar or impact gun though.

Others on the forum should be able to answer your question on the springs/arms for those particular coils, I don't have any experience with them.

There is a DIY garage nearby that has everything I could need to do just about anything. I'll check youtube for sure, thanks for the help.

Top Bottom