Will Fox 2.0 work?

JKUR-08

Hey everyone, so I am about to get my 3" plush springs from EVO and I want to change my shocks. I have skyjackers in the front and some type of shocks in the back that look like they might be bilsteins, but I cant find a part #. I know the plush are supposed to ride well with the Kings but I can't fork out the 1k on even the monotube, so would Fox 2.0s still work for now? Anyone run this combo? Thanks in advance.

Jk909

I personally have the fox 2.0 and I love them but bilstein and Rancho make great stuff too.

Heavyhaul07

I love my fox 2.0. I'm not a fan of bilstien as I went trough 3 sets of 5100 on my dodge diesel in 4 months they would blow out and leak

Heavyhaul07

Not to often once a month maybe twice a month I'd tow my fifth wheel out to Glamis with my toys. Run a few fire roads. Had they same problem with them on other dodge trucks we put them on. Even had the rep come to the shop. They warranted them but still a little Hassel to swap.

toxicwaste29

I have the 2.0 if your wanting to save some money go with rancho 9000 with the adjusters. I don't have any complaints with my set up and I feel it rides stiff which could be the gen 1 rk coils. I'm going to bed adding adjusters to my 2.0s to bring them down to a more DD friendly setting

Jeepfan30

I have been running the Fox 2.0 shocks with the Enforcer 3" lift and they work fine. Overall I love the way it rides, but this are the only shocks I have used with the EVO coils so no other comparison. I would say that they are a firm shock, but in no way are they rough riding. Off road they soak up everything, very controlled and predictable ride.

mdrums

I'm on the latest gen Rock crawler 2.5" coils and Fox Performance 2.0 shocks. Its a firm but compliant ride...no mush now wallowing. Not sure if the Evo Plush springs com are to the RK spring but I'm happy with my Fox shocks

Reynard

Also running Fox 2.0 shocks with Synergy Coils. Very nice ride especially around the bends. Steering damper is also a RTC Fox.

tgoss

I have been running the Fox 2.0 shocks with the Enforcer 3" lift and they work fine. Overall I love the way it rides, but this are the only shocks I have used with the EVO coils so no other comparison. I would say that they are a firm shock, but in no way are they rough riding. Off road they soak up everything, very controlled and predictable ride.

Can I ask which length shocks you have? I want to drop down to 3" plush rides myself but I'm currently running the 4-6" fox 2.0 and thinking they will be too long for these coils.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
In my opinion waiting and saving for the ORE Spec'ed Kings are the way to go. I went with Fox 2.0 With Resi and i personally think they are soft. I am on 4" Plush Ride Coils but when the family is in it with gear it bottoms out even on fire roads. If i could personally do it over it would be kings all the way.

JKUR-08

In my opinion waiting and saving for the ORE Spec'ed Kings are the way to go. I went with Fox 2.0 With Resi and i personally think they are soft. I am on 4" Plush Ride Coils but when the family is in it with gear it bottoms out even on fire roads. If i could personally do it over it would be kings all the way.

I am glad you chimed in as I had those in sight. Will monotube King's be worth it or shoukd I keep saving for the King's w/ res?

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Best bet is talk to Drew at ORE and tell him the direction you want to end up and choose with or with out Resi from there. I will always run one up front but I think I should in the rear too but don't know if that's a must for anyone just a want for me.

Jeepfan30

Can I ask which length shocks you have? I want to drop down to 3" plush rides myself but I'm currently running the 4-6" fox 2.0 and thinking they will be too long for these coils.

I am running the 4-6 Fox shock with my EVO 3" coils. The front shocks are about 1/2 inch too long, with three inch bumps stops the shock will still bottom out just before reaching the bump stop. I read somewhere yesterday that a guy with same configuration is using 3.5 inch bump stops and that is perfect.

tgoss

I am running the 4-6 Fox shock with my EVO 3" coils. The front shocks are about 1/2 inch too long, with three inch bumps stops the shock will still bottom out just before reaching the bump stop. I read somewhere yesterday that a guy with same configuration is using 3.5 inch bump stops and that is perfect.

That's good to know, thank you.

Top Bottom