2011 jk rubicon gears

Tnjk

Hello everyone Ive been reading up on new gears but it seems everybody has a bit of a deferent thought when it comes to gears with 35-37 tires anywhere from 4:88 to 5:13 I'm running 35 now but will go to 37 when I go from 4" lift to 6" long travel so I need to re-gear I would like to tow a ski boat this is just my weekend toy not my daily driver it's a stock 3.8l with intake and exhaust with the stock axels! Any advice is very much appreciated!

Eezybreezy08

Definitely 5:13 with 37 and especially if you are going to tow. That engine sucks cause I have the same engine. I'm running 4:88 but I only have 35 to. Hell I had stock 3:21 gears and 33s and that engine didn't want to turn them. So save yourself the headache and go 5:13 especially if you are going 37. Also 6" of lift. Your gonna look like a fat chick on stilts. Hahaha. Jk. Honestly I would stick with the 4 in lift that you have and just add a long arm system to that

Tnjk

Thanks for info to tell u the the truth I'm still trying to decide between the rubicon 5.5" or the teraflex 6" what the pros and cons of say a 4-6" lift?

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for info to tell u the the truth I'm still trying to decide between the rubicon 5.5" or the teraflex 6" what the pros and cons of say a 4-6" lift?

You only really need to lift the vehicle as high as the maximum size tire you're planning on running. Keeps the COG low.

KYRubi

On my 2011 JKR, I'm running 5.13's with a 4" long arm and 37's. With the RSE fenders, I have tons of room for travel. Flexes very nicely. Definitely wouldn't want it any taller.

Top Bottom