Proper build path?

Eagle1911

The time, kids no longer want money, has come to finally make some major modifications to my jeep. :clap2: The jeep is a 2010 2 door Rubicon with 4.10s. I plan on doing this in phases with about a year in between phases. Here is what I am planning on doing. This is my first jeep and I want to get it right the first time so I am looking for feedback to ensure I am on the right path.

Phase 1
EVO C Gussets
3” Enforcer
Draglink flip
Wheels and tires (I know that eventually I will want beadlocks and 37s, should I just jump to them now?)
Cut fenders

Phase 2
Drive shafts – Looking at Adams 1350s
ProRock 44 with associated gear change out to 4.88s
DynaTrac ProGRIP brake system

The following will be added throughout the build process.
EVO Rockskins and Sliders
¼ pounder w/stinger front bumper
Winch – still deciding on the right size – is 8K big enough? suggestions?
rear bumper with tire carrier (Still looking for the right one)
Additional lighting

Right now I do not see much rock climbing, but I will be retiring in the East Texas area in the next few years and plan on more rock climbing there and in the west. I have family in California and Nevada and we will visit them more often when retired. This is also my daily driver on basically flat roads at the present time. I appreciate any feedback provided.

Napalm

The time, kids no longer want money, has come to finally make some major modifications to my jeep. :clap2: The jeep is a 2010 2 door Rubicon with 4.10s. I plan on doing this in phases with about a year in between phases. Here is what I am planning on doing. This is my first jeep and I want to get it right the first time so I am looking for feedback to ensure I am on the right path.

Phase 1
EVO C Gussets
3” Enforcer
Draglink flip
Wheels and tires (I know that eventually I will want beadlocks and 37s, should I just jump to them now?)
Cut fenders

Phase 2

Additional lighting

Right now I do not see much rock climbing, but I will be retiring in the East Texas area in the next few years and plan on more rock climbing there and in the west. I have family in California and Nevada and we will visit them more often when retired. This is also my daily driver on basically flat roads at the present time. I appreciate any feedback provided.

Looks like a decent path. If you want 37's and beadlocks, I'd say just go ahead and get them.

An 8k winch should be fine for a 2dr JK.

Where in ETX are you retiring too?

Rottenbelly

Looks like a good plan...
But the drag link flip with only 3 inches of lift may cause issues with drag link hitting the frame while flexing.
My other sold jeep has 4.5 lift and my drag link hits the frame.

Eagle1911

Looks like a decent path. If you want 37's and beadlocks, I'd say just go ahead and get them.

An 8k winch should be fine for a 2dr JK.

Where in ETX are you retiring too?

Naples. We have 20 acres there where we will build our final home.

Eagle1911

Looks like a good plan...
But the drag link flip with only 3 inches of lift may cause issues with drag link hitting the frame while flexing.
My other sold jeep has 4.5 lift and my drag link hits the frame.

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind when checking for clearances.

iRonin

Looks fine to me assuming you aren't seeing many rocks. The winch is something I would move up in priority - even if you don't foresee yourself getting stuck it's nice to have to help others. Another one I commonly recommend is upgrading your Tie-Rod to a stronger one, most folks starting out without much height tend to bash theirs (and their stabilizer).

As for 37s....until you're prepared to either a) invest the money on all the other requirements to safely run them or b) vow to keep it a mall-crawler / park road driven jeep until (a) is done, I would hold off, especially on a 2 door. You can get plenty out of 35s on that short wheelbase with only minor modifications needed. This is my wife's 2-door on 35s and a budget boost next to my 4 door on 37s and a 4" lift:
IMG_1536.jpg

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Phase 1
EVO C Gussets
3” Enforcer
Draglink flip
Cut fenders

Phase 2

Additional lighting

You'll need driveshafts (front and rear for a 2door) at the same time you do the enforcer and draglink flip. From what I've read the 8k winch will be fine with a 2 door. Good luck with the build!

Eagle1911

Oh nice!! You'll only be about an hour and a half away from me. You'll have to join us for our north east texas runs and SudsNGrubs.

That will definitely happen. One of these days, I may be able to coordinate a visit with my son and one of the SudsNGrubs.

Eagle1911

Looks fine to me assuming you aren't seeing many rocks. The winch is something I would move up in priority - even if you don't foresee yourself getting stuck it's nice to have to help others. Another one I commonly recommend is upgrading your Tie-Rod to a stronger one, most folks starting out without much height tend to bash theirs (and their stabilizer).

As for 37s....until you're prepared to either a) invest the money on all the other requirements to safely run them or b) vow to keep it a mall-crawler / park road driven jeep until (a) is done, I would hold off, especially on a 2 door. You can get plenty out of 35s on that short wheelbase with only minor modifications needed. This is my wife's 2-door on 35s and a budget boost next to my 4 door on 37s and a 4" lift:
View attachment 196949

Appreciate the advice and will consider what you are saying. I do have a couple of dirt bikes I no longer use I could sale. Hmmm...

Eagle1911

You'll need driveshafts (front and rear for a 2door) at the same time you do the enforcer and draglink flip. From what I've read the 8k winch will be fine with a 2 door. Good luck with the build!

I am starting to see that now. May just combine the 2 phases to make it easier on the equipment.

Top Bottom