Sway Bar Body/Frame Mounted Pins

MiamiU1999

I saw these on a jeep and I never asked where he got them. I have been searching all over the internet and have found similar items, but can't find these. Before I go and make them, of something close to them. Do any of you guys know where I can find these, or who manufactures them. You can see the pins from underneath and from the side, mounted to where the body mounts in the front. Many thanks. If I can get them somewhere, it would save me a bunch of time.

Disconnect Pin 02.jpg

Disconnect Pin 01.jpg

Attachments

• Jeep 1.jpg
    Jeep 1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 109

Evil

Does the sway bar disconnect from the axle and the pin used to "pin" the sway bar with link out of the way?

The pin looks like a axle bullet mounted to a L bracket with some holes drilled in it.

Last edited:

boardsurfer

I had those on my LJ. It came with a Rough Country lift. Might be a place to start, though it's been some years since then.

DGP

I have the Tera flex sway bar disconnects that pin in that location. I really liked them until I found my 35" and 37" tires rubbed pretty bad on them. I used washers to limit my wheel stops but still had issues rubbing so I removed them. Now I disconnect my sway bar and strap them to the frame.

DGP

You can see the rust on my sway bar arm where my tires have rubbed off the paint.:grayno: image.jpg

DGP

I have the teraflex ones and I'm running 35s and they work just fine.

They do their job but to keep my 35" tires from rubbing with 3.5" of back spacing I would need to run a taller bump stop and would lose travel so I pulled them off. Worked great, until they didn't.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
They do their job but to keep my 35" tires from rubbing with 3.5" of back spacing I would need to run a taller bump stop and would lose travel so I pulled them off. Worked great, until they didn't.

Oh yeah I see how it can be rubbing. Are you gunna run spacers so you don't have rubbing?

MiamiU1999

Thanks for the help.

I currently strap the bar to the frame and thought these might be an option. I might have to make the bracket, however, I will definately check for rubbing/clearance on the tires.

iRonin

I have the Tera flex sway bar disconnects that pin in that location. I really liked them until I found my 35" and 37" tires rubbed pretty bad on them. I used washers to limit my wheel stops but still had issues rubbing so I removed them. Now I disconnect my sway bar and strap them to the frame.

This exactly - had to stop using them when I went to 37s because of rubbing.

Top Bottom