Jeep vs Sports Car

FeltsYouUp

As motoring enthusiasts, I'm sure most people here have an appreciation for other types of cars. My question is, does anyone else on this site find themselves drooling over another type of car? I got my first jeep wrangler when I graduated high school, but after a year or so I traded it for my first mustang. While I loved the mustang, I always missed my jeep. I later traded that mustang to get a 2003 cobra. The cobra was later sold and now I have a '12 JKU, but I can't just turn my back on the desire to own a fast, sporty car as well. Both cars have totaly different uses, and I guess I just struggle with which I would enjoy more. I was just wondering if anyone else on here finds themselves debating the same thing. Maybe I just have trouble making up my mind. :crazyeyes:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I am a Ford guy at heart so a GT500 is always something I have wanted but I wouldn't turn down a ZR6 'vette.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Oh yeah...

Always been a fan of these...

Porsche 911
Mercedes Benz SL 65 AMG

I consider these two to be a realistic sports car, of course I'm huge Aston Martin fan but that's a bit out of my league. :)

Before I bought the jeep I was looking hard at the MB E55 AMG wagon and the Audi S6 wagon.

In a few years we'll buy something sporty to satisfy that need. ;)

FeltsYouUp

Ah yes, an Aston Martin is the dream! I am a huge ford guy, but there is a part of me that is dying to try a C6 vette. As much as I want another sports car, I'm just trying to be smart and pay the jeep off and save some money for once in my life.

rfoust

I used to have a Honda S2000. I hate the day I got rid of that car, but if I ever got another sports car it would probably be a Porsche. My last car was an xterra. I missed the convertible feel and sorta "needed" (not really) a 4WD so I ended up with a JK :D:thumb::rock:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
In the past I've owned a '67 Vette coupe (fast) and an '81 Vette (dog), but keep coming back to Jeep. Loved the '67, but every time it snowed in Colorado it was worthless as what the dog left in the yard. JK UP!!:yup:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

highoctane

Caught the Bug
My last car was a Kenne Bell twin screwed Redfire 2004 SVT Cobra. Just over 600 rwhp on 17 psi and pump gas. I sure miss that car, but my JK is actually more fun. Though I have been eyeballing a '13 GT500.

Here's a few pics from it's stock and Whipple 2.3 supercharger days. Most of my good pics of the Kenne Bell 2.8H setup are on my iMac back home in the states.

221637.jpg

DSC00210.jpg

DSC00211.jpg

P1010419.jpg

IMG_2729.jpg

DSC00240.jpg

Last edited:

Helipilot2

I do deeply miss both my mustangs which I sold to pay for part of my schooling. I miss the power and acceleration as you come out of corner and just stomp on it and hear the engine growl and throttle up

FeltsYouUp

I think owning my first jeep converted me to a convertible man. The GT and cobra mustang I had after that were both coupes and I could never get over how much I missed taking the top and doors off. If I do go back to a sports car, I think I'll have to give a vert a try. I think part of it will depend on where I get stationed next. AZ is great for racing and four wheeling, so it's hard to pick just one!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I used to have a Honda S2000. I hate the day I got rid of that car, but if I ever got another sports car it would probably be a Porsche. My last car was an xterra. I missed the convertible feel and sorta "needed" (not really) a 4WD so I ended up with a JK :D:thumb::rock:

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

Honda%20S2000%20-%202Fast%202Furious%20(1).jpg

Jersey_Devil

I used to own a custom 07 Honda CBR600RR to go fast.... But after owning a Jeep I sold it fast to get extra mod money! Lol but I know come spring time I will miss my baby, but when I take the top and doors off the jeep ill feel better! Lol

jkpete

I have been lucky enough to keep my sports cars and my jk. These are my other babies. My 05 cts-v and my 1968 firebird.

Attachments

• image-2284452382.jpg
    image-2284452382.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 119
  • image-2134291593.jpg
    image-2134291593.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 125

jkpete

Loving that firebird..... Any info on it? There's nothing like the Brute Force and Raw Power of muscle cars!

She is my project. Was my daily driver for 8 years or so. My dad and I bought the car when I was going into my senior year in high school. The engine is a mild built Pontiac 350 with a th400 behind it. Edlebrock performer intake manifold and 4brl carb. Hedman headers and flow master mufflers. Qa1 coil overs in the front with a hotchkis sway bar. Rear suspension is stock for now. Future projects for it is a ls3 with a 5 speed manual with a currie 9" four link rear. And 4wheel disc brakes.

arashi

I decided to change my way of life :thankyou: from build up sports car (CIVIC etc.), to JEEP. Will see how I going to like it, but personally I think that time is gone for me.

It's just different life style that I think I'll just enjoy.

SRJeep

Funny you should ask as I just sold my Lexus IS F in order to to buy a 2013 Moab. I loved the Lexus as the IS F is an incredible car but I feel the versatility of the Jeep will (or hope will) satisfy my craving. I realize the power will be worlds apart but I feel the Wrangler will be a fun vehicle to own.

Top Bottom