Cali help. Moving

JagJeeper

Just found out I'll be stationed at Vandenberg AFB (near Santa Barbara). Never lived out west, Midwest in Canton Ohio. New to Jeeping found being part of a local Jeep club is important so:
-Any WAL jeep clubs in that area anyone recommends?
-Heard Cali is rough on Jeeps legally. Got 3.5 inch with 37s with stock fenders. Will I have to get smaller tires or bigger fenders with mud flaps? Read some stuff on that.
-Any other Cali tips appreciated.

NavyJeeper

Honestly. I have never had any issues with my rig I ride with my fenders cut and no mud flaps and have never been pulled over. That being said your fenders are suppose to cover your tires. You run the risk but it's just one of those laws that aren't really enforced

NavyJeeper

Someone from Santa Barbara could probably weigh in with better info since you'll be around there, no issues in northern cal though

Zstairlessone

Just found out I'll be stationed at Vandenberg AFB (near Santa Barbara). Never lived out west, Midwest in Canton Ohio. New to Jeeping found being part of a local Jeep club is important so: -Any WAL jeep clubs in that area anyone recommends? -Heard Cali is rough on Jeeps legally. Got 3.5 inch with 37s with stock fenders. Will I have to get smaller tires or bigger fenders with mud flaps? Read some stuff on that. -Any other Cali tips appreciated.

They can be sticklers about front windows tinting some areas but I never had any issues in SB. My tires don't stick out though so I don't know how they are about that, I've seen a few JKs with 12-1/2" wide tires, spacers and no flaps pass by cops in town but that isn't living with it every day, plus you can keep it registered and plated in your home state and shouldn't have any worries.

Jeepnoub

If you like guns. Look up the California handgun roster and buy every thing you want not in the roster before you move. Otherwise you will be paying $800 for a gen 4 glock.

Ross0311

Used to live in Lompoc back in '98. Vandenburg is right there. I really think you won't be messed with. The CHP will definitely get you for front window tint and will only mess with you if your driving reckless. I'd be more worried about the MP's on base. As for WAL there, not sure, but lots of places to explore with in a few hours. Check out Hungry Valley in Gorman, hell just go east on the 166 and you'll find lots to get into.

Desert Crawler

First of all Lemoore is not northern Cali. Central Cali at best. If your tires don't protrude past one lug from your fenders you will be fine. However I have encountered more then one cop that will write you up for no mud flaps on a lifted vehicle in CA.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
First of all Lemoore is not northern Cali. Central Cali at best. If your tires don't protrude past one lug from your fenders you will be fine. However I have encountered more then one cop that will write you up for no mud flaps on a lifted vehicle in CA.

Cencal brah!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460208266.844401.jpg

NavyJeeper

OMG Lemoore isn't Northern California no way are you serious?!?!?! No shit. But having a jeep with four wheels and an engine and being from Northern California I have had the pleasure of driving around.

NavyJeeper

This is straight out of urban dictionary hahaha

Hanford, California is the town of lifted trucks and dirty sluts. Wanna-be gangters and deliverence type farm folk. Holds the title of Highest teen pregnancy rate in the states. Smells like cows and rotten eggs because of the dairies and sulfer water. Meth capital of the world.

Sounds about right

Top Bottom