How would you build your own trail?

rfoust

The nearest place for me to go offroad is over an hour away. My mom has a 50 acre chunk of wooded land much closer with a creek and everything, so I'm probably gonna head out there with a chainsaw and make a new trail that is only 30 minutes away. :rock:

So, any suggestions on building a new trail? Obviously I gotta cross the creek a few times, and I suppose I can throw some logs across the new trail somewhere... not sure what else to do with it. lol

What would you do if you could build your own trail somewhere? What types of obstacles would you make?

Jersey_Devil

I'd use the trees u cut down to make climbing and flexing obstacles..... Dig some trenches to fill with water for mud holes too! I actually did this same thing in Monroe twp NJ..... ITS FUN! A lot of work but definitely worth it!

Here's a few shots of my entrance way

ForumRunner_20130101_130314.jpg

U can see down the trail a lil here

ForumRunner_20130101_130349.jpg

U can see the wooden gate I made at the roadway in the background of this pic to keep unwanted ppl off my private property

ForumRunner_20130101_130419.jpg

Not the best pics of the trail.... I'll get some better ones next week when I head out there for ya.... Help ya with some ideas

Last edited:

Chairokey

The nearest place for me to go offroad is over an hour away. My mom has a 50 acre chunk of wooded land much closer with a creek and everything, so I'm probably gonna head out there with a chainsaw and make a new trail that is only 30 minutes away. :rock:

So, any suggestions on building a new trail? Obviously I gotta cross the creek a few times, and I suppose I can throw some logs across the new trail somewhere... not sure what else to do with it. lol

What would you do if you could build your own trail somewhere? What types of obstacles would you make?

This sounds fun! Here in west Texas there is tons of terrain that would be perfect for stuff like this but sadly no one has taken the initiative to do so.

TrailBear

I have built a ton of quad trails in the past, looking to build some for the jeep. I usually look for old washed out and grown over roads, I look for rock bluffs to climb. I tried to cut as few trees as possible make it tight, twisty, and as many obstacles as I could. If I build it I make it a challenge to myself so my offroad skills improve. The most important part have FUN doing it.

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
Bring in 24” and 36” rip rap. Add some 48” in an alley to make things interesting. I have thought about building a 4x4 park in Ohio. Rent an excavator for a week or two and go for it. Stair step a hillside for a little challenge. Add a staging area, restaurant, and campgrounds. Don’t forget to have an attorney write up a waiver and purchase good insurance. :brows:

Top Bottom