wheel spacers

woof359

sorry if this has been asked before, been thinking of adding spacers to make my stance a little wider and been doing research on spacers, is there really a diff between high dollar spacer like Spidertrax and others for less ? if thier installed correctly have any of you had a problem with them coming loose, do you have to recheck them a lot to make sure every thing is staying tight ? Thanks :beer:

Ddays

Hooked
Watch what you buy with these. Spidertrax are a solid made in USA spacer. I bought a custom set for my wheels that only cost $25 more per wheel than the Spidertrax. DO NOT shop these on price alone!

A failure of one of these could have serious consequences! There is s thread here showing a broken one. Not good!

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have only had Spiders....bought used for $100...have had on for most of the 98,000. No problems. They had held true. I check torque every time I rotate. Remove washer and use lock-tite you should have no problems.

Nomadic Paladin

I have used Spidertrax Spacer in the past and was very happy with them. Personally I would not skimp on wheel spacers they are fairly inexpensive in the grand scheme of things. The Spidertrax Spacer are hub centric, some of the cheaper spacer maybe lug centric. A lug centric hub has a greater potential for vibration and generally do not fit as well as a hub centric spacer. For around 200 bucks I would go with the Spidertrax, it will be holding your wheel to your rig.

Napalm

There is a difference. I had three studs on an eBay brand spacer sheer off while going down a road at 45 miles per hour. The wheel was barely holding on.

When it comes to spacers, don't buy cheap. It'll cost you much more in the long run.

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

My only experience is with Spidertrax. I have about 10000 miles on mine. I check the torque on them every 3000 miles and haven't had a single issue with them. Completely worth the money and peace of mind IMO.

CarolinaJK

I have about 9k on my Spidertrax and have had 0 problems. This is one part on your Jeep that you shouldn't skimp on.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
You may want to have c gussets welded on before adding spacers. By moving the tires out more strain is being applied to your axle shafts and steering knuckles.

Devallee

Another Spidertrax guy here. Follow the instructions (lock tite and proper torque) and you'll never have a problem. Been on my jeep since day one

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Another vote for the Spydertrax, I've put over 10k miles on them with some 35s on factory wheels. Love them. [emoji106]

Don't go cheap on the wheel spacers. You'll regret it.

Ddays

Hooked
have any of you with spacers done any thing to beef up your housings ?

Do you mean the unit bearings? If so, there really isn't a 'stronger' aftermarket one available that I've ever heard of. Surprising that someone like Dynatrac hasnt come up with an aftermarket version but
I guess the fact that no one has yet is an indication that they really aren't needed. Honestly at worst you may have premature failure or wear, but they arent gonna come off the vehicle or anything like that.

Top Bottom