Pulling to left when braking?!

Zachp28

So I just put aome 35s on my JKU, and for some reason, it's pulling to the left when i brake. I've checked the rotors/calipers, and tire pressure. Beyond that, i have no real idea what i may need to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 1460329869321.jpg
    1460329869321.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 1460329891879.jpg
    1460329891879.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 141

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I know with a bigger it's going to grab every little rut in the road and Try to pull you to either side I have the same problem with my 35s. Was the road bad or smooth?

WJCO

Meme King
So I just put aome 35s on my JKU, and for some reason, it's pulling to the left when i brake. I've checked the rotors/calipers, and tire pressure. Beyond that, i have no real idea what i may need to do. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is appreciated.

Sounds like a hydraulic problem. Could be a hose. Rotate tires front to rear just to see if it goes away. If pulling occurred when decelerating as opposed to braking, it could be a thrust angle problem typical to a rear control arm bushing wearing out allowing the axle to shift. Accel and decel will cause the vehicle to pull in different directions.

But if only when braking, sounds like caliper or hose. Also with brand new tires, ensure they are all the same size. Believe me, that does happen.

Zachp28

Its a steady pull left on every braking situation. Roads really make no difference. The roads in Richmond all suck hahaha. The harder i brake, the harder left i pull i may pull my right tire off tomorrow and take another look at the brake line and caliper on that side.

Zachp28

I'm really just learning how to do all of the mechanical things as I go. Im pretty new to working on my own rig..

WJCO

Meme King
That really doesn't sound like a tire problem. Buy a laser thermometer for like 20 bucks. After a drive with some moderate to hard braking, as soon as you park, get a temperature reading of all four rotors. The oddball out will be your problem area. If they're all the same, you're problem is not likely to be brake related.

Jaimegomez8

Has anything changed on the brake pedal as far as depth while pressing on it? Have you checked the lines? Brake fluid?

Eezybreezy08

Some people also call what you have happening radial pull I believe. Rotate your tires to the other side first and check that. If that dosent help, then yes, dig deeper into the problem

jeeeep

Hooked
you could have a sticking caliper it'll be more pronounced with larger tires.
jack up the front end and remove both front wheels. check one side at a time by having somebody apply the brakes and time how quickly the caliper moves into place to brake, have them release the brake pedal and then repeat on the opposite side and compare.
if it were me I would go ahead and take the calipers off and check them for corrosion, clean them up and regrease the sliders

Top Bottom