2016 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Beats Audio System Sounds Weak

ctsams@gmail.com

Anyone disappointed with the Beats Audio System? My friend has a Jeep Renegade Latitude with a different stereo system (stock) but with the same speakers that absolutely Rocks! When I play music from my phone my stereo sounds great, but when I play music from Sirius XM it's not loud enough it's almost like there's a volume limiter turned on.
I've messed with the settings and there's no loudness option (which my friend has) or no surround sound option. The music is all up front with not much coming from the side speakers. Any suggestions???

volleyholic

I noticed this too on one I test drove yesterday. On XM I literally turned the volume max and not only was there no bass I swear I could talk over it/sing over it without any effort. It was a little better when I switched to streaming Pandora through my phone. I specifically asked the dealer to find me one without it.

Opus

Maybe it's relative. Coming from a Chevy factory radio with no sub, the Beats Audio sounds pretty good to me. It's powerful enough to hear clearly at 70 on the highway with the windows and MySky open. That's all I need.

FireHawk

Maybe it's relative. Coming from a Chevy factory radio with no sub, the Beats Audio sounds pretty good to me. It's powerful enough to hear clearly at 70 on the highway with the windows and MySky open. That's all I need.

About how I feel as well, coming from a Honda civic the audio is pretty good. With some tweaking of the equalizer im pretty happy with it.

JeepJeep75

The satellite radio in my JK sounds like complete shit compared to any other source like FM, CD, DVD, even the phone. Even with the Alpine system. I believe it is due to the compression and bit rate being very low in the satellite broadcast.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I have even noticed the same lower volume issue with Sirius on my motorcycle...iPod and regular stereo are way louder......having said at I find that I am able to get both ( JK a and m/c) more than loud enough to deal with wind noise

Rhameolution

The satellite radio in my JK sounds like complete shit compared to any other source like FM, CD, DVD, even the phone. Even with the Alpine system. I believe it is due to the compression and bit rate being very low in the satellite broadcast.

This, exactly. It's the low bit rate that makes satellite radio sound so hollow. The data runs at 32kbps compared to the over 1,000kbps that a standard CD has, which means you basically are only getting about 2% of what you would really expect coming out of your speakers. Satellite radio is great for howard stern and comedy central though!

ctsams@gmail.com

Thanks everyone for your input. I'm at the dealership now. They said I needed five different flash updates. If that doesn't work we'll take it from there. I'll keep you posted.

ctsams@gmail.com

Well the flash updates helped a bit, but there's still something lacking. I guess I'll play most of my music through my phone which sounds much better

Top Bottom