1st post ..... Help w/choosing lift

notqwik

Hello all.
This will be my second JK. First one has been gone a few years now. (37's/prorock/clayton etc)

Trying to do a better job with this build..... need a plan before I start writing checks.

Live near DC. Not a whole bunch of local wheeling to be done around here, most places a couple hr ride. It will need to be drive able.

Jeep will be new, ordering soon ...... Automatic/stock engine/maybe an atlas at some point, never a V8.

Minimum of 37's, would like to go possibly to 40's if I could do a LCOG. 42" SS boggers are what I really want, but probably can't make work on my budget.

Saw pictures of the sand trooper2, would really like to build that jeep (or atleast as close as I can afford)

Portal axles are out, have budget for the mopar D60's, stretching some for dynatrac XD60's.

So the question of the lift. Thinking EVO enforcer 4" kit .... along with the mopar highline fenders.

Any thoughts on how big of tire I could get under those fenders? Anybody got a better suggestion on a lift?

This thing will be a slow rock crawler, nothing fast. I do have a light foot, not going to hit anything hard.

Like the idea of the close relationship with Offroad Evolution and Dynatrac. Assuming I could get the axles shipped with all necessary brackets in place.

Any help or comments appreciated.

Edit ..... here is the goal

sandTrooper2.jpg

Last edited:
You can do 37s with an Enforcer 3 inch and trimmed fenders. That would give you the low cog. With the High line fenders you might be able to clear 40s. I haven't seen them in person so maybe Eddie will chime in.

And welcome to WAL. There is the give us a wave section so you can tell us more about yourself

Ctimrun

Seems like you have a decent plan so far. With a budget like that I would seriously consider the EVO coilover system. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out, be sure to do a build thread!

zimm

Caught the Bug
Welcome. There's a new park (red cloud offroad) that just opened last Saturday that has some decent obstacles and a few hill climbs that nobody could complete in the rain (Virginia wet clay/mud). Not bad for 10 miles south of the beltway.

I'd get the enforcer or if you have the budget- long arm kit and either coil overs or evo plush rides. I love coilovers, but here with salted roads in the winter, coils/shocks might be less problems in the long run.

Here's me going down one of the drops- glad my rig isn't any taller: https://vimeo.com/162216818

Here is a thread on the ride we did last Saturday. http://novajeepers.net/index.php?topic=24609.15

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I would do your max tire size at 40s, I think even Mel ran 42s at one point and didnt see any real benifits over 40s, not to mention they are more common anyway. If it was me, I would go with the Evo long arm and coilover system. I have the bolt on coilovers and love them, I just want the long arms now.

notqwik

Looking more and more like the EVO w/coil overs are going to win. Are there any better mounting solutions for the coil overs instead of the stock shock mounts? (especially on the axle side) Seems like there would be a better set up along with a better bump stop bracket (on the axle side) ....

Ctimrun

Doubt your going to find a better coilover setup than EVO's design/install method. Don't sweat the details, they have done all the R&D so you can buy and enjoy. Since your looking at axles and the coilover system do a search for Eddie's white Jeep "Moby" if you haven't already seen it. Doesn't get much better than that unless you go to a buggy build.

Top Bottom