Back Window on JKU

JeepPeeps

Does anyone have any solutions they have used when the back window is up and it is raining that will stop or divert the flood of water that is running onto the carpet in the back?

Samlautranger

Remove the carpet? Its pretty useless anyway. All the drain plugs are under it.

Never understood the whole carpet in the Jeep Wrangler thing. And the drain plugs under the carpet. A PITA.

My Fj Cruiser has an all rubberized interior flooring, easy to wash out and clean. Some Ford F-150s come that way as well.

When I had my Rubicon, it got soaked a few times. So I ended up ripping out the carpet, and just putting some rubber floor mats in. Worked well. What I wanted to do, and will do with new Jeep JK/JKU is rip out all the carpet and RHINO line the whole interior. That is the way Jeep should make them, or at least do it that way on the Willys and Rubicon two doors.

Zachp28

Never understood the whole carpet in the Jeep Wrangler thing. And the drain plugs under the carpet. A PITA.

My Fj Cruiser has an all rubberized interior flooring, easy to wash out and clean. Some Ford F-150s come that way as well.

When I had my Rubicon, it got soaked a few times. So I ended up ripping out the carpet, and just putting some rubber floor mats in. Worked well. What I wanted to do, and will do with new Jeep JK/JKU is rip out all the carpet and RHINO line the whole interior. That is the way Jeep should make them, or at least do it that way on the Willys and Rubicon two doors.

Not to mention the carpet quality is complete shit as well. And holds gallons of water at a time..

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Is this just when you flip the window up to get in the back? or are you running without windows and the top on?

JeepPeeps

Is this just when you flip the window up to get in the back? or are you running without windows and the top on?

it is a hard top and i want to be able to open the back window and be able to stand under it when it is raining and get stuff out of the back without getting a bath... its not the carpet i am really concerned about it is me and all the gear in the back.

swampdog

it is a hard top and i want to be able to open the back window and be able to stand under it when it is raining and get stuff out of the back without getting a bath... its not the carpet i am really concerned about it is me and all the gear in the back.

Park nose downhill brah.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was going to guess hardtop but wasnt sure. I never opened mine in the rain however so I cant really comment on making it better but I like your idea

mcgyvr

Shorter lift struts or "limit straps" to keep it from going up past level with ground so the rain flows back instead of forward

Top Bottom