For those of you running the PSC Steering Cylinder Assist Kits

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Ladies and Gentlemen,

For those of you running a PSC steering assist kit for your JK, did any of you opt for the steering fluid cooler? Why or why not and what has been your experience with either way.

I thank you all for your recommendations.

Ddays

Hooked
I did not only because of my geography. I figured we get 3-4 months of weather at or over 80 degrees so I'd try it without & see how it goes. You being in NV may want to just go ahead and do it during install. If you decide to wait & see how it goes its a fairly straightforward install from what I've seen.

Kpalas

Ladies and Gentlemen,

For those of you running a PSC steering assist kit for your JK, did any of you opt for the steering fluid cooler? Why or why not and what has been your experience with either way.

I did on mine. I figure you can not have too much cooling, especially turning 40" tires. For as much as I've spent on my jeep, didn't make sense to me to skimp on something like that. Just my 2c. [emoji16]

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Search for forum member GCM 2. He burned up 3 steering boxes before adding a cooler and now hasn't had any issues. He's on 40" Nitto MG. It's cheap insurance and adds additional capacity.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Thank you guys for the responses. I agree with you all, that it is better to just get it now install of possibly damaging things later, costing more money. Yes, here in Nevada we can get quite hot, but only for a few months.

Top Bottom