HID or LED???

5280Sapper

Hey guys... so I'm trying to decide which to get and I have searched and didn't really find what I was looking for... So I live in Colorado and drive a lot.. Where we live very windy and icy during the winter months... I know Truck Lite has the heated head lamp out for the JK for retail roughly $560.. did some searching for good companies that make HID's for the JK and found a kit from Strictly HID for $150. http://www.strictlyhids.com/JeepJKHIDs.html

So my thoughts are they are both great options but for a 1/4 price I can get HID's which generate the heat to keep them from icing over during the winter.. whats your thoughts fellas?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'd stay away from the HIDs and go with the heated trucklites. HIDs are very bright but those kits have too many negatives for my liking

toxicwaste29

I have the heated truck lites. They seem to do good in the snow and ice however when it's really cold they still don't seem to melt enough. I can get out and there is a layer of ice on the front of them however all I do it poke them and it slides off on the layer of water. If it isn't too cold they don't seem to have any issues. I would still say do led over hid.

LeighP

Unless they're proper projector style lights, HID "kits" have a reputation for scattering light all over the place....regular halogen reflectors and HID globes are not a good combination.
I'd go the heated LEDs, personally.

swampdog

As a general life rule, but especially with Jeeps, you get what you pay for. Spend the money once and get the LED's. No brainer

Top Bottom