2016 JKU Brake Light Switch Wire Color Help!

Kpalas

Hey guys, I'm hooking up a supplemental brake system on my 2016 JKU for when I'm towing it behind my RV. I need to tap into the wire on the brake light switch that gets power when the pedal is depressed. I tried identifying it with a test light but it's up on the steering column and since I'm not a contortionist, im not sure if the wire is correct. I think it's the white one. Anyone know for sure? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460423466.285595.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I'm not entirely sure up there but I know it's the white w/brown trace most everywhere else. I'm just not sure if it changes color code anywhere else. But at the CHML it's white/brown. You can probably find the wiring diagram online or in a service manual. But it looks like a white and brown you are referencing in your pic as well.

Kpalas

I'm not entirely sure up there but I know it's the white w/brown trace most everywhere else. I'm just not sure if it changes color code anywhere else. But at the CHML it's white/brown. You can probably find the wiring diagram online or in a service manual. But it looks like a white and brown you are referencing in your pic as well.

Ok thanks. I tried looking online but didn't have any luck finding a diagram.

8POUND

I found this on my AllDataDIY.

Attachments

• 1460472516014.jpg
    1460472516014.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 1460472525199.jpg
    1460472525199.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 83

jam1728

Kpalas, did this work?

Hey Kpalas, I've got the same issue - 2016 JKU - I need to insert a switch to "turn off" the Jeep brake light when I hook it to the RV. The Jeep Brake makes some kind of feedback when activated and the turn signals won't operate. Did the white/brown wire solve your issue? Thanks.......jam

jeeeep

Hooked
you don't have the tow package? if not, you can pick up a wiring harness from quadratec for $25 or just remove one of the rear lights (2 screws) and use your test light to find the wire you need.

much easier than dealing with harness under the steering column as those wires may also support other functions since it uses that damn TIPM multifunction relay system

Last edited:
Top Bottom