ARB Compressor

303DAILY

So I used my ARB compressor for the first time. I had two cars to fill up and the line had got so hot it tore near the edge of the fitting on both ends.
Has anyone had this problem, would they get me a new hose or am I just going to have to cut a few inches off?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460427834.108227.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I'm looking at that same compressor so I'll be interested too. Yours is portable right? Not onboard? Has plenty of room around it to cool off?

On my cheap slime comp, that same part gets the hottest but it's never done that.

303DAILY

I'm looking at that same compressor so I'll be interested too. Yours is portable right? Not onboard? Has plenty of room around it to cool off?

On my cheap slime comp, that same part gets the hottest but it's never done that.

Ya it's portable and the lid was open the entire time. It got extremely hot, enough to melt a spot on my hand lol.

WJCO

Meme King
Check the manual's troubleshooting page. See if it says anything. Also see if there is an amp draw spec.

Heholua

That hose is supposed to be more heat resistant due to the fact that those compressors do get hot. I bet if you called ARB they would send a replacement.

303DAILY

I sent them pictures today. They have awesome customer service, he stated that they may have sourced these hoses from another supplier. They are looking into the issue but are sending me a new hose until it's resolved.

Flat Top

I sent them pictures today. They have awesome customer service, he stated that they may have sourced these hoses from another supplier. They are looking into the issue but are sending me a new hose until it's resolved.

I have the underhood setup and the same hose, glad to hear ARB took care of you!

WJCO

Meme King

Good to see they are sending you a new hose.

I have the underhood setup and the same hose, glad to hear ARB took care of you!

Sweet deal. Glad to hear. Hope they end up finding the solution to so others don't have the problem.

303DAILY

Good on ARB..
Glad they didn't give a "duty cycle" spiel

That's what I was scared of, the overuse thing coming out. They did ask but I was only running for about 25 min when it melted the hose. They did say they recommend a 30 min max

WJCO

Meme King
Good on ARB..
Glad they didn't give a "duty cycle" spiel

That's what I was scared of, the overuse thing coming out. They did ask but I was only running for about 25 min when it melted the hose. They did say they recommend a 30 min max

That was my first thought the other day too, lol. Glad they took care of you. Regardless, on a brand new compressor, first time use, it shouldn't have melted like that.

Top Bottom