Front bump stop reinforcement

steve_r2

Hi all,
Took a very heavy hit on my front left side last week whilst wheeling.
Popped the bushing from the sway bar link but more concerning is that I have now got a bent bump stop housing (upper). I am running Kings Air bumps and the left hand side is about 10-15 degrees off vertical.
I think heat is the only way I can get this back straight ? But I am concerned that this will have weakened it . Is there a reinforcement solution to this ?
Thanks

Evil

Measure the inside diameter of the non bent tube, get you a pipe and put it in the bent tube and bend it straight. Then measure the outside diameter of the housing and sleeve that bitch out. If you can tig weld, you can make it look stock. If you can drill holes in the sleeve (rossets) to weld to the stock tube your bullet proof. Better to start this fab on a bucket that is not attached to the frame but it can be done, just going to be a little harder.

steve_r2

Measure the inside diameter of the non bent tube, get you a pipe and put it in the bent tube and bend it straight. Then measure the outside diameter of the housing and sleeve that bitch out. If you can tig weld, you can make it look stock. If you can drill holes in the sleeve (rossets) to weld to the stock tube your bullet proof. Better to start this fab on a bucket that is not attached to the frame but it can be done, just going to be a little harder.

Thanks for that Evil
:thumb:

Top Bottom