Strut or Coilover advice

BillTheCat

One thing I do not like about my JKRU is that I have little control over the swaybar disconnect. When not crawling over rocks, I spend a lot of time on poor, washboarded roads. I like to run disconnected on such roads but my rig won't do that unless I'm in 4wd low and under 30 mph. I investigated getting a Teraflex Dual Rate S/T Swaybar system. A buddy is running struts so he never has to disconnect.

The quote I got was $1450 for parts and labor for the Teraflex system. My thought was if I was going to spent near $1500, why not spend the extra $$$$ and get struts. Then I started reading about coilovers. Never did find a definitive answer. Looking for opinions, WAGs, feelings and intuitions regarding CO vs struts. Do you still need to disconnect with coilovers?

I'm a noob so please use small words and short sentences.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Spend $80 and get the EVO no limits manual knob and call it a day. Not really sure why you want to spend all that money on washboard roads.

jeeeep

Hooked
I believe one of the Hypertech programmers has a function to disconnect the sway bar in any range. there are also some videos on how to install a bypass switch to the sway bar

Grubbicon

Just for future reference on a strut or a coilover its all in the angle and where they are mounted to how stable they are.

Top Bottom