Mopar vs Terraflex

Deathmask

The other day I bought a set of Mopar 2" lift coils, and rubicon shocks with shock extenders from a guy on Craigslist. A couple days later I see a guy selling a brand new terraflex 2.5 lift without the shocks. I'm trying to decide if I should just keep the Mopar coils and use it for a while until I'm ready for something bigger later, or if I would be happier right now with the terraflex lift for now. Any opinions on either of these lifts or recommendations would be appreciated.

(edit) sorry for the typo in the title, if it could be fixed by a mod I would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Kyle7R

The other day I bought a set of Mopar 2" lift coils, and rubicon shocks with shock extenders from a guy on Craigslist. A couple days later I see a guy selling a brand new terraflex 2.5 lift without the shocks. I'm trying to decide if I should just keep the Mopar coils and use it for a while until I'm ready for something bigger later, or if I would be happier right now with the terraflex lift for now. Any opinions on either of these lifts or recommendations would be appreciated.

(edit) sorry for the typo in the title, if it could be fixed by a mod I would appreciate it.

Save your money.

Kyle7R

Just my opinion, I've never had any experience with the Mopar lift. But I've been in/around several rigs with the Teraflex and it seems like you'd be spending extra money for no reason.

KingCopperhead

Teraflex makes the stage 3 lift and their new 4" lift. Pretty sure their smaller lifts are made by other companies. IMHO save your money.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Out of curiosity what size tires do you want to run? AND yes I believe the Teraflex is branded as Mopar.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I asked Denis at one of the local jeep runs he told me they make the 3 inch lift for Mopar only. That Mopar makes their own for the 4 inch lift. If I had to do it over I would go with EVO!!!

Drdiesel1

I purchased the 2.5" Teraflex lift and like the ride. I'm gonna run Poison Spyder Crusher flares with 37's.
I like the fact that I can use my Rubicon shocks with this low budget kit. I don't know what I'll do later,
but for the cost of this 2.5" lift it's a no brainer for a starter lift. It has a nice ride too :brows:

I'm currently running my stock tire/wheel setup with spacers and my 35's too. The 35's rub on the stock flares off road.
My aluminum flares just came in yesterday. Gotta work on paint and install this week :yup:

20160223_003955.jpg

Last edited:

Deathmask

I'm wanting to run 35's. I would love to get an EVO kit but that's a little out of my budget at the moment. The one thing that keeps me coming back to the Teraflex kit is that I would get bump stops, a rear trac bar bracket, and a little taller lift for a little more that the Mopar lift.

Drdiesel1

I'm wanting to run 35's. I would love to get an EVO kit but that's a little out of my budget at the moment. The one thing that keeps me coming back to the Teraflex kit is that I would get bump stops, a rear trac bar bracket, and a little taller lift for a little more that the Mopar lift.

The other good thing about the Teraflex kit is, you can remove it and resell it when you upgrade :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Don't waste your money. Terrorflex springs are stiff as hell and their quality control sucks balls.

Tango_Down

Agree with Sharkey. I am running on a 4" Teraflex short arm lift and the ride sucks... Planning on swapping for coil overs or at a minimum progressive or dual rate springs for now.

Drdiesel1

The other good thing about the Teraflex kit is, you can remove it and resell it when you upgrade :thumb:

Jeepfan30

I would keep the Mopar coils and stay away from the Teraflex 2.5 coils, my friend had the 2.5 coils on his Jeep for less than a year and just got rid of them because they sagged so much and he said the ride was very rough. The Mopar coils can't be any worse than the Teraflex ones, they might even be fine paired with the Rubicon shocks. The guy selling the brand new Teraflex 2.5 lift probably read all the shitty reviews and decided to ditch the kit before installing it! After you get your 35's make sure the tire pressure is between 28-30 psi and you will probably be happy.

Or....sell the stuff you already bought and get the EVO leveling kit:thumb:

Nimbo

Yeah I have the 2.5" TeraFlex lift. Wish I waited and saved for something better. Ride is very harsh

Deathmask

Thank you everyone for your input. With y'alls help I've decide to hold of on the Teraflex kit. I think the money I would spend on that would be better suited for tires or gears maybe.

By the way, will I need a rear trac bar bracket or geo brackets for the 2" Mopar lift? I experienced the dreaded death wobble :eek:, years ago when I first bought my Jeep, and I want to avoid that at all costs.

Top Bottom