Dang - Just hit 30k and like clockwork it's in the shot...

bonedaddy

Dang - Just hit 30k and like clockwork it's in the shop...

2016-04-11 12.41.25_2.jpg

So I just hit 30k (only had the thing 13 months, yeah...) and last week the Idler Pulley had to be replaced and now this week I found the Rear Main Seal was leaking... Cheese & Crackers it's only at 30k! ;)

Insane...

and this is my loaner...

2016-04-12 07.50.55-1.jpg

hopefully it will be done today!

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
View attachment 198294

So I just hit 30k (only had the thing 13 months, yeah...) and last week the Idler Pulley had to be replaced and now this week I found the Rear Main Seal was leaking... Cheese & Crackers it's only at 30k! ;)

Insane...

and this is my loaner...

View attachment 198296

hopefully it will be done today!

Damn, that is some shit luck. At least it is happening now and not at 36K, plus you they gave you a pretty sweet loaner too. :yup:

bonedaddy

2016-04-10 11.42.00.jpg

after I saw the drips in the garage i crawled under and this is what I found... i was like Rear Main Seal, already!

loaners not bad, like driving a go-kart compared to the JKU for sure!

mcgyvr

dang... Sucks that happened (to a few of you now).. Good thing for warranties though..
Hopefully thats the only gremlins left and its smooth sailing from here..

Havoc40

AllData says Automatic is 6.4 hours and Manual is 7.2 hours.

So at 100+ bucks an hour, not cheap.

Thanks for the info. My original "guess" would have been 5-7hrs and $700-$1000 total. Sucks these aren't lasting...mine is just about to click 36,000 lol

bonedaddy

i'll let you guys know how much it would have cost today...

still waiting for the call, jonesing for my rig back...

Chad

I'm gonna go with about $800. Quite a bit of work for that repair. I'm in FL and had it done on my 04 Rubi, fortunately covered under the extended warranty I purchased with the jeep. Saved me 8 Benjamins

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That's crazy. It seems hit or miss with me. My 2013 I had lots of mechanical problems. My 2014 I didn't have any mechanical problems. I just hope my 2016 is trouble free. Hope it all gets fixed up for you!

bonedaddy

Well my friends, I finally was able to pick up my rig last Thursday during my lunch break (after they had had the damn thing since tuesday morning) and on the way home that night I thought I could smell some oil here and there, just figuring it was because they had been working on it ect... didn't think much about it. Parked in the garage so I could put the doors on after dinner. Go out to put the doors on and for some reason the thought popped into my head to just take a look under the rig and sure as shit there is a 2-3" puddle of oil and just as I discover this the freakin thing drips from the same f'n spot! I was pissed...

2016-04-14 21.24.04.jpg

2016-04-14 21.24.39.jpg

So I call the dealer first thing Friday morning and let them know I am dropping it off during lunch... Of course they are very sorry, not sure why it would be leaking, am I sure it's the same spot and not just residual? Yeah - so I showed the ass the photos I took... so they took it in and I now have this...

2016-04-15 13.27.40-1.jpg

not a bad ride, and believe me I am thankful I have the rental coverage, but still I want my freakin Jeep!

So that was Friday... I didn't hear anything from them Friday, Saturday or Monday...

Called Monday and left messages... Tuesday morning I call and leave a message and the guy calls me back and lets me know if all goes well it will be some that afternoon as long as it passed QC... I say fine I can just pick it up on my way home and be done with it... I do not hear anything from them all day Tuesday, call them about 4:00 and the guy tells me that they finished the Jeep, but it is still leaking and they do not know why. they have replaced the rear main seal, those two rubber grommets and they can not get it to stop dripping, they are now looking into other reasons why the thing will not seal... I am like furious! they can't get it to stop leaking - seriously! if they replaced the seal with an other, unless they stripped a bolt or something, it should solved the issue...

Going to call them again this morning...

Need some education from you guys, I know the rear main seal, but what exactly are the two rubber grommet things for? it seems like a stupid f'n place to put grommets?

Sorry for the rant, but I am so aggravated...

bonedaddy

alright, so in theory it should be all set... I pick it up at lunch. they said they even re-dyed it and ran it again this morning, tossed it up on the rack and checked with the UV and nothing... hopefully this does the trick!

I will let you know! Also will as about the cost since it's warrantied and not listed on the paperwork...

Top Bottom