Synergy drag link flip issue

Mlawson04

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460551579.382161.jpg

So after drilling It out with a 7/8" drill bit and having the hole exactly .900" like the instructions say I slid in the TRE adapter and processed to put the end on and tighten it down. The hole size was correct and yet it was still so tight that it stripped the bolt. Now I can't drive until the replacement part comes in. I put my factory drag back on the bottom w the TRE adapter just to get it home which was 3 min down the road but just a heads up to anyone doing their flip kit.

mcgyvr

So after drilling It out with a 7/8" drill bit and having the hole exactly .900" like the instructions say I slid in the TRE adapter and processed to put the end on and tighten it down. The hole size was correct and yet it was still so tight that it stripped the bolt. Now I can't drive until the replacement part comes in. I put my factory drag back on the bottom w the TRE adapter just to get it home which was 3 min down the road but just a heads up to anyone doing their flip kit.

Your hole was just too small..
Read the rest of the installation step that says to use the 7/8" (.875") drill..
specifically the do not hammer part and.. if it doesn't drop into place open the hole in the knuckle slightly,etc...

Mlawson04

Your hole was just too small..
Read the rest of the installation step that says to use the 7/8" (.875") drill..
specifically the do not hammer part and.. if it doesn't drop into place open the hole in the knuckle slightly,etc...

i did use the 7/8 lol and i didnt have to hammer it in it slid right into place without any issues..

Journeyman

Th direction are more like guide lines. I started with the 7/8 bit. I had to drill and install then remove and drill some more. I did this five times till I got it right. It says on the directions the minimum threads that you need sticking out. So if you don't have them take more material. The Tre adaptor will expand each time a bit more until you have the the threads needed on the bottom side to allow you to get to torque and install your cotter key.

Mlawson04

Yea I just got the replacement end and it happened again so I'm saying fuck it this next time and drill it out more even tbo it's already at .900" which is supposedly the max

Mlawson04

update

Just to update I ordered a new TRE adapter along with tie rod end. I did no more drilling and it went in no issue. So it appears that my original TRE adapter was the main cause of all my issues with cross threading the bolt. Synergy reps still have yet to respond to me about my issue. On a positive note my steering is awesome now that its flipped, just wish synergy's customer service was better.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cross threaded the but somehow and literally just did. The same thing again w the replacement they sent me..:

As much as I dislike synergy this is an issue with you not them. If you can't figure out how to thread a nut onto a bolt, stop working on your jeep.

Last edited:

Mlawson04

As much as I dislike synergy this is an issue with you not them. If you can't figure out how to thread a nut onto a bolt, stop working on your jeep.

They believe their TRE adapter they sent me was manufactured too small therefore not allowing the expansion needed to get the bolt threaded past the cotter pin. So I guess I'll keep working on my jeep?

Top Bottom