Wheels on a JKU

arahambone

Hey folks,

I'm pretty sure I've got this right, but if I'm looking to replace my Willy's Wheel rims with one of the following aftermarket rims, I need to go with Negative Offset correct??

Also any feedback on Fuel?

I think with these wheels I can do 33s or 35s at some point, at least I hope that's the case.

option 1
http://www.fueloffroad.com/anza-d557-w-12090.htm

option 2
http://www.fueloffroad.com/trophy-d551-w-7954.htm

I'm thinking I should get some decent cash for the take-offs, since they sell for around $300/piece.

thardy

Banned
Is there any particular reason you're looking at the Fuel wheels? Ever considered the Level 8 Pro Series wheels?

Edited: also, I would not get your hopes up for the take-off wheels. You typically never get close to that "$300/wheel" price.

arahambone

Is there any particular reason you're looking at the Fuel wheels? Ever considered the Level 8 Pro Series wheels?

Edited: also, I would not get your hopes up for the take-off wheels. You typically never get close to that "$300/wheel" price.

I was hoping to get $600 for the 5 rims, maybe $500?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I was hoping to get $600 for the 5 rims, maybe $500?

Seems going rate in this's area is about $1k for 5 like new take off wheels AND tires so I think you're ballpark close if your wheels are in great shape. I just sold my Hard Rock takeoffs for 800 but they had some rock rash.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Like thardy had mentioned I have the level 8 bully pros. Love them but haven't seen rocks yet hopefully this weekend. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460610259.503258.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460610348.675695.jpg

Napalm

Just the wheels. Really like the fuel look with the beadlock polished look

Just so you are aware, when you put a larger width wheel on the stock Willys BFG 32" tire, it will cause your tire to stretch causing the side wall to be not as tall. I lost a little ride height and my ride quality seemed to be worse(subjective). Plus you'll have to be careful around curbs and out on the trail.

It didn't last long for me, and I ended up throwing on 35s a lot sooner than expected.

It can be done, though. And here in Texas, I got offered $300 for my entire set of Hard Rock Rubicon wheels. When I through the tires back on them, I sold them for $600.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I have had the Fuel Trophy wheels with 4.5" backspacing for over 3 years now. Great wheel and looks awesome. Not sure exactly what your goal is, but if your going to run a 35" tire you would not need wheel spacers.

Not sure I would run the stock tires on them though. If that's the case I would wait until I could afford to do both at the same time.
Fuel Trophys with 33" tire
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460635377.808710.jpg

Fuel Trophys with 35" tire
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460635485.376971.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460635515.910224.jpg

arahambone

I have had the Fuel Trophy wheels with 4.5" backspacing for over 3 years now. Great wheel and looks awesome. Not sure exactly what your goal is, but if your going to run a 35" tire you would not need wheel spacers.

Not sure I would run the stock tires on them though. If that's the case I would wait until I could afford to do both at the same time.
Fuel Trophys with 33" tire
View attachment 198510

Fuel Trophys with 35" tire
View attachment 198511
View attachment 198512

Got it. Yeah I think waiting and getting the package makes sense, I just really want to upgrade something. I'm itching! The problem is that when I go to 35s it has a knock-on effect and I'll need gearing, the lift, possibly exhaust spacers, etc etc.

I'm stuck. I told myself new wheels would be sweet, then use up the tires and swap them for 33s. 35s look so much sweeter though.

arahambone

Got it. Yeah I think waiting and getting the package makes sense, I just really want to upgrade something. I'm itching! The problem is that when I go to 35s it has a knock-on effect and I'll need gearing, the lift, possibly exhaust spacers, etc etc.

I'm stuck. I told myself new wheels would be sweet, then use up the tires and swap them for 33s. 35s look so much sweeter though.

jlaginess

New to wayalife, looking for websites, or direction to purchase a set of (5) 35s wheel package. Preferably KO2s or equal all-terrain as a tire. Putting on an Evo Enforcer 3" lift to my 2013 Sahara. Any help would be much appreciated.

WJCO

Meme King
New to wayalife, looking for websites, or direction to purchase a set of (5) 35s wheel package. Preferably KO2s or equal all-terrain as a tire. Putting on an Evo Enforcer 3" lift to my 2013 Sahara. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to WAL. Classifieds are a good place to start. Good luck.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Have you given Discount Tire a look? I've always had good luck with them and they price match as well.

Top Bottom