One Touch Turn Signal Activation Activated Wrong Turn Signal

WxNerd2015

Ok, so I got a question for y'all to see if any of ya have any sort of idea what might be wrong and where to look, and I would rather avoid a trip to the dealer as I always feel like I am the one teaching them stuff and I do not have any faith in them really.

So here it is, and this has happened multiple times now...I have my one touch turn signals (tap the stalk and the signal blinks 3 times) and when activating the left one by tapping down on the stalk works fine every time, however, when I tap up to activate the right turn signal, sometimes I have to press it multiple times to get it to activate, sometimes it works ok, and lately, sometimes it activates the wrong (left signal), then I press it again and it activates the right, and I have no clue why? I have not touch any wiring lately, and especially not dealing with the lights. It seems like the computer is messing up the signal or some signal from the stalk through to the turn signal is getting crossed to the wrong side somewhere?

Anyone have any ideas? It is very random when it happens, otherwise I would try and take a video to show exactly what is happening. I appreciate any ideas and help that comes in, thanks!

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like a switch issue. Obviously if you can get to the wiring easily, check for fluid spills, corrosion etc.

jesse3638

Hooked
I personally hate the one touch feature and would suggest you just push it all the way up into full turn on turn mode...haha Mine acts up from time to time but I rarely use that feature. Sounds like a switch issue. If you're still under warranty take it in and have them look at it. If not you may have to replace it yourself. Not 100% sure but I believe you'd have to replace the whole clock spring assembly.

WxNerd2015

Sounds like there might be a problem in the multifunction switch. If u have a warranty I'd take it in.

Sounds like a switch issue. Obviously if you can get to the wiring easily, check for fluid spills, corrosion etc.

I personally hate the one touch feature and would suggest you just push it all the way up into full turn on turn mode...haha Mine acts up from time to time but I rarely use that feature. Sounds like a switch issue. If you're still under warranty take it in and have them look at it. If not you may have to replace it yourself. Not 100% sure but I believe you'd have to replace the whole clock spring assembly.

Ok, thanks guys! Yeah, wasn't sure what area to dive into there, and if I was going to go to the dealer, I wanted to have as much of my info straight as possible as my dealer always tries to sneak extra charges in, and no matter what I am charges a $120-$150 flat rate for them to "look" at the Jeep and see what's wrong, so I would rather be more informed about it, plus, even with the warranty, they always seem to find a way that they claim it is not covered in my warranty. I would consider turning it off depending on what the costs would be, but I mean, overall, the main functions of pushing it all the way up or down still work as they should, so its not too serious of an issue, just an annoyance sometimes. I'll see what I can see in the wiring first, and then maybe take a stop by the dealer. My concern though is that it won't act up while I am there and then they won't actually fix anything! I appreciate the fast feedback though! Thanks!

jeeeep

Hooked
it's part of the new AI age guessing system.
it may be thinking you are older than you are and it's trying to guess that you really meant to signal the opposite direction.
or, it's the new super spy I'm being followed evasion system, usually found in Cadillacs and larger sedans ;)

WxNerd2015

it's part of the new AI age guessing system.
it may be thinking you are older than you are and it's trying to guess that you really meant to signal the opposite direction.
or, it's the new super spy I'm being followed evasion system, usually found in Cadillacs and larger sedans ;)

Hahahahaha! I like it! Didn't realize I was so high tech already!

FWIW, the one-touch lane change feature can be disabled with an AEV Procal.

Yeah, I was thinking of picking one of the Procals up when I get now wheels and tires, but just for that right now, I don't think I need it yet, I can just fully push the stalk up or down. Not hard to do that! Thanks!

Top Bottom