D30 axle with 35's question

Mikecal9985

Hey guys! So my two door sport has the D30 up front and the D44 in the rear. My question is, to run 35's, what do I need to make them safe. The D44 should be fine (correct me if I'm wrong) but I've read about the D30 not holding up if you don't "beef it up". I don't do much wheeling. I know I would need new gears and possibly the c gussets correct? Anything else that I'm missing, please feel free to let me know. Thanks guys

I have a D30 upfront on my 4 door, I don't currently have gussets, sleeves any of that stuff, I do have EVO drag link flip for my steering. I do light wheeling mostly dirt roads and some rocks around Arizona! But I've seen my friends break things with the exact same set up.

Napalm

Put some gussets on it, that's about the extent I'd beef up my D30. I ran one with 35s and gussets for awhile with no issues.

mcgyvr

Just go easy on the skinny pedal and you "should" be just fine.. but shit happens..even stock..
C-gussets are always a good idea and if you get a chance go ahead and add them.
Regearing will bring back some performance..
You will also need a programmer to let the jeep know your new tire size,etc..

TKWJK

I have had zero issues with my D30 with no upgrades running 3.5" AEV lift and 35" BFGs. I have 53,000 miles on this set up and wheel moderately. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460671803.216191.jpg

COLOJK

I also run 35's on the D30 and have had zero issues so far. I am going to add C gussets in the near future and possibly sleeves. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460674455.212977.jpg

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I have a D30 up front and just got done Evo gussets I'll hopefully have time to put on this weekend. Oh and also 35s

Mikecal9985

Thanks for all the great info...what gears would you recommend? Sorry I'm pretty new to this and trying to learn as I go

BlackHawk08jk

You can run 35s and wheel on some pretty rough trails you just have to have in mind it will break. You get past that and your good to go lol.

Pyro1415

If your single, gussets.
If your married nothing, that way when your c's bend you can justify to the wife that you need a pr44...

Top Bottom