Flashing third brake light

Notsodirtyhippie

I got my jeep about a month ago and love it. The only thing that absolutely drives me crazy is the flashing brake light. It's super distracting especially at night.

Any solutions?
Thanks

Speeddmn

I got my jeep about a month ago and love it. The only thing that absolutely drives me crazy is the flashing brake light. It's super distracting especially at night.

Any solutions?
Thanks

Take it back to the dealer and ask them to remove the pulse module. A lot of dealers here in Utah add it as a safety feature.

8POUND

I have a 2014 and it doesn't flash. I thought it was a good feature. It catches people's attention, so you don't get rear-ended. At least, that's what my thinking is behind it.

Notsodirtyhippie

I have a 2014 and it doesn't flash. I thought it was a good feature. It catches people's attention, so you don't get rear-ended. At least, that's what my thinking is behind it.

You would think. Until it freaks out the driver and they rear end the car in front of them. I don't drive a lot at night and I haven't got used to it. I just want it gone. Lol

8POUND

LOL. Yeah, I get that. It's kind of like people running into a first responders vehicle when the lights are flashing.

mcgyvr

I don't think it is. Most vehicles here don't have it. If it is, Nevada is becoming a nanny state.

So yeah.. Have your husband just yank that out.. If he can find the module.. Probably in the stem on the tailight/spare tire carrier or shoved under the dash..

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
You would think. Until it freaks out the driver and they rear end the car in front of them. I don't drive a lot at night and I haven't got used to it. I just want it gone. Lol

Yeah I drove behind a car with a flashing third brake light the other night and it was really annoying. Like looking at a red strobe light

Notsodirtyhippie

Yeah I drove behind a car with a flashing third brake light the other night and it was really annoying. Like looking at a red strobe light

Glad I'm not the only one that finds them to be super annoying. If you're too stupid to know what the third light means then you shouldn't be driving. We don't need to idiot proof cars.

Evil

You can have all the lights in the back flashing, a helicopter with a spot light on you and 22 road flares in line behind you and some jack ass will still run into you and claim they didn't see you. Welcome to Nevada. :crazyeyes:

BTW What Jeep did you end up getting?

WJCO

Meme King
You can have all the lights in the back flashing, a helicopter with a spot light on you and 22 road flares in line behind you and some jack ass will still run into you and claim they didn't see you. Welcome to Nevada. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Notsodirtyhippie

BTW What Jeep did you end up getting?

Exactly! Crap drivers will hit you with sirens and lights.

I ended up getting a 2015 complete base sport 4dr. I wanted a smaller payment while being able to build it into what we want. I want prorock44s and getting a rubi was a waste to me. Besides, I like the projects. :)

Evil

Exactly! Crap drivers will hit you with sirens and lights.

I ended up getting a 2015 complete base sport 4dr. I wanted a smaller payment while being able to build it into what we want. I want prorock44s and getting a rubi was a waste to me. Besides, I like the projects. :)

And the fun begins! :thumb:

Top Bottom