Low/High Beams come on and off - bulbs are fine...

cyber0ne

Ok so it happened a few months ago in the morning. I started my 2010 Unlimmited up, and noticed on the garage door my headlights came on and off, I then turned them off and back on and same thing, 3 seconds later they were off. I could turn my Highs on and same thing would happen.

I turned the jeep off, walked around to the headlights looking at them (thinking wtf did I do now)....

Got back in the Jeep turned them on and they worked fine. Started the Jeep up and fine since....

Tonight... drove the Jeep to Litchfield IL, about 40 miles from house.... no issues..... Started the jeep up in Litchfield and drove home, thinking wow my lights at night suck..... Got to Walmart and did some shoping, came out and started Jeep up and noticed on the car parked in front of me my headlights came on, 3 seconds later turned off, flicked Highs on and 3 seconds later off... Turned Jeep off and looked at them again..... Got back in and same thing happened. Drove home with just fogs lights on.
Got home and pulled in garage. Opened hood, nothing odd, wires are good, no wetness, clean.... Turned Jeep on, turned lights on and again it happened however this time it seamed like one would stay on and they would turn off and on and off and on then stayed off. Highs did same thing..... Turned Jeep off, turned lights on and this time they stayed on, then started the Jeep and worked fine after that...

Now I know with a fuse if its bad its just not going to work. I thought the Relay was sort of the same, it worked or it did not work (bit I might be wrong there)..... So here is my question.... what is causing this to happen? Ideas? Thoughts? Do I just need to turn the heater on in the garage and take the lights apart and give them a good cleaning?

TrailBear

My guess is it could be the relay, should be cheep to try a new one, or it could be the head light switch itself.

Top Bottom